Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Nickname

Ban ID: [b][font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]12591[/b][/font]

Banned by: [L2] Soviethooves

Server: v4b1

Ban Reason: PRA (12591) - Insulting in OOC | Enough experience with rules and should know better by this point.

Why should you be unbanned?: I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I got banned for saying quote on quote: "america is land of the free not nazi ridden netherlands";"holy shit exactly so shut ya netherlands mouth up". 
Let's start with the first quote. "america is land of the free not nazi ridden netherlands". The backround of me saying that is the conversation we were having on how strict the netherlands' policing is. Somebody stated that insulting an officer in the netherlands will result in "an arrest and a beating", so I referenced the "nazi ridden netherlands" to get my point across how strict the dutch police are, just like like how strict the nazis were. It was not meant to offend anybody. 

Second quote "holy shit so shut ya netherlands mouth up". I told somebody to shut up, and stated his country of origin. Is this really some bad bannable offense? I'm really patriotic and when people start attacking my country or acting like they know our laws when they don't it gets me angry really fast. I was out of line but I don't think I deserve a 2 day ban for my first ban, in addition to a blacklist

Evidence: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12591.html
The staff-members have received your unban-request, nicknamee.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
You are expected to act mature and report if you are feeling harassed. Instead, you decide to compare the Netherlands (in which one of the arguing players was from) to the Nazi Party. I see no reason for how that is not offensive to the people of the Netherlands, especially to the arguing player that was online.

What you said was considered an insult to the reporting party, and I would take as an insult if I were put in his shoes.

I see no reason to unban or even lighten your punishment.
I don't think you see where I'm coming from, I never meant to compare the netherlands to the nazi party, it was suppose to compare the police of the netherlands to the nazi party because of once again, how they "arrest and beat" anybody insulting them, quite like how the nazis, killed or beat anybody saying anything other than good about them.
(Oct 7, 2016, 02:04 AM)nicknamee Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think you see where I'm coming from, I never meant to compare the netherlands to the nazi party, it was suppose to compare the police of the netherlands to the nazi party because of once again, how they "arrest and beat" anybody insulting them, quite like how the nazis, killed or beat anybody saying anything other than good about them.

So comparing Netherland's law enforcement to the Nazi Party is alright? I do not believe so.

Any involved user has 24 Hours to add a comment before this is concluded.
I fail to see how comparing a countries police force to Nazis is insulting someone directly. He simply stated that because Rock and Wesley both said that if you insulted an officer in their countries, they would be arrested and beat up. Saying that he thinks that's Nazi like isn't insulting anyone.

Involved, was there.
Involved

It's the fact that you're comparing Law Enforcement in The Netherlands (one that I am a part of) to the Nazi Party out of words of your own. It was never said (at least, not by me, someone that is active in the LE scene of The Netherlands) that we ''arrest and beat'' people that insult LE personnel as that's an assumption that was moving forward from your own ''We've got freedom, and you don't.'' statements.

(Oct 7, 2016, 05:20 AM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]I fail to see how comparing a countries police force to Nazis is insulting someone directly. He simply stated that because Rock and Wesley both said that if you insulted an officer in their countries, they would be arrested and beat up. Saying that he thinks that's Nazi like isn't insulting anyone.

Involved, was there.

It's insulting someone directly when they are involved with that country's LE. Comparing LE in The Netherlands to the Nazi Party is basically saying I am a Nazi, Venom. I fail to get my mind around how you two don't seem to understand that's extremely insulting and shouldn't be allowed.
(Oct 7, 2016, 04:02 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]
Involved

It's the fact that you're comparing Law Enforcement in The Netherlands (one that I am a part of) to the Nazi Party out of words of your own. It was never said (at least, not by me, someone that is active in the LE scene of The Netherlands) that we ''arrest and beat'' people that insult LE personnel as that's an assumption that was moving forward from your own ''We've got freedom, and you don't.'' statements.

It's insulting someone directly when they are involved with that country's LE. Comparing LE in The Netherlands to the Nazi Party is basically saying I am a Nazi, Venom. I fail to get my mind around how you two don't seem to understand that's extremely insulting and shouldn't be allowed.

Are you actually an LEO, or do you mean something different by "LE scene," or are you lying?
Your profile says you're still in college and that you're 20 years old. Anyway, I don't know if the Rock is in the Netherlands too but Nickname's nazi comment was made after the rock said the following:
"insult a cop on the street and you will see what they do too u"
"insulting police authority leads you to a small arrest"
"come try it on europe"
"maybe isnt in laws but i doubt cop will let u pass , they would fuck u for less"

Nicknamee did not know you are an LEO and at no point during the debate did you outright mention it.

By the way, from what I'm gathering in your posts, you keep saying "involved with LE" and in the "LE scene" which is implying you're a cop but you're also not stating it like most police would. This might be a cultural difference, but keep in mind impersonating police online is still a crime.
Involved

(Oct 7, 2016, 05:20 AM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]I fail to see how comparing a countries police force to Nazis is insulting someone directly. He simply stated that because Rock and Wesley both said that if you insulted an officer in their countries, they would be arrested and beat up. Saying that he thinks that's Nazi like isn't insulting anyone.

Involved, was there.

You haven't provided any evidence that you're LE and in no way has it been said that you are. Your profile says you're a "certified SECURITY officer" and that you are "STUDYING a law enforcement course." A security officer is far from law enforcement so if that's all you are, you don't need to keep impersonating an LEO. He simply stated that what Rock explained is Nazi like, beating up civilians and arresting them for calling them names. So again, show some evidence your LE and maybe it'd be a different situation. All I see is that you're a SECURITY officer.
(Oct 7, 2016, 04:35 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]
Involved

Are you actually an LEO, or do you mean something different by "LE scene," or are you lying?
Your profile says you're still in college and that you're 20 years old. Anyway, I don't know if the Rock is in the Netherlands too but Nickname's nazi comment was made after the rock said the following:
"insult a cop on the street and you will see what they do too u"
"insulting police authority leads you to a small arrest"
"come try it on europe"
"maybe isnt in laws but i doubt cop will let u pass , they would fuck u for less"

Nicknamee did not know you are an LEO and at no point during the debate did you outright mention it.

By the way, from what I'm gathering in your posts, you keep saying "involved with LE" and in the "LE scene" which is implying you're a cop but you're also not stating it like most police would. This might be a cultural difference, but keep in mind impersonating police online is still a crime.
I have my certificate and diploma in Security Officer level 2 and I am currently studying a two-year LE level 3 course. I am not a Police Officer in any way, but I am (what is directly translated to English) a ''Special Investigating Officer''. Someone that works for a government agency (when certified and aquired a diploma). During my internship at an agency, I still have the same authority as before said SIO and I would be able to give a citation to subjects that insult me when I am on-duty. Those were my moving reasons for the argument. No, we don't arrest (if it's not severe) or beat people up for it. We fine them.

I have by now, learned that indeed the States does not have laws against insulting LE personnel and I am more than willing to take back my side of the argument on that. Although, it does not justify the things that were said about The Netherlands, me or Law Enforcement in The Netherlands by the accused subject ( [C3] Nickname ).

Now that this gives you both more clearity on what I am and what my authority is, as well as why I was offended by the outings the subject had in OOC.  I hope we can go back on-topic to Nickname's UBR instead of you two trying to call me out for impersonating someone that's active in LE.
(Oct 7, 2016, 05:45 PM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]I have my certificate and diploma in Security Officer level 2 and I am currently studying a two-year LE level 3 course. I am not a Police Officer in any way, but I am (what is directly translated to English) a ''Special Investigating Officer''. Someone that works for a government agency (when certified and aquired a diploma). During my internship at an agency, I still have the same authority as before said SIO and I would be able to give a citation to subjects that insult me when I am on-duty. Those were my moving reasons for the argument. No, we don't arrest (if it's not severe) or beat people up for it. We fine them.

I have by now, learned that indeed the States does not have laws against insulting LE personnel and I am more than willing to take back my side of the argument on that. Although, it does not justify the things that were said about The Netherlands, me or Law Enforcement in The Netherlands by the accused subject ( [C3] Nickname ).

Now that this gives you both more clearity on what I am and what my authority is, as well as why I was offended by the outings the subject had in OOC.  I hope we can go back on-topic to Nickname's UBR instead of you two trying to call me out for impersonating someone that's active in LE.

Again, this isn't about citations, it's about stacking charges (when Rock said see what they do to you) and other bad things for just an insult.

You being an LEO is completely on topic as that was the entire basis for your argument about being offended about the Nazi comment.
Quote:It's insulting someone directly when they are involved with that country's LE. Comparing LE in The Netherlands to the Nazi Party is basically saying I am a Nazi, Venom. I fail to get my mind around how you two don't seem to understand that's extremely insulting and shouldn't be allowed.

Us saying you were not an LEO is relevant because if you were not an LEO then this statement is meaningless.

Judging by some quick google searches it looks like you guys are basically meter maids right, parking and other similar types of enforcement?
That's a rather loose affiliation with the LE scene
Why exactly are people who are not the UBR poster, posting more than them, and the staff handleing this case?

Cut the back and fourth chatter and argueing and leave this to the original poster, and the staff member handleing this.

Further posts will not be taken into account unless otherwise authorized by the handleing staff member
Denied

Closing Notes: The Comparison between the Netherlands and the Nazi Party has been investigated and can be seen as an insult, especially for Wesley. Please be careful with your words in OOC in the future.