Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unfairly treated in the courthouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: Judge Rage

Time/Date: The abuse happened between 03-10-16 and 04-10-16 on this PR.

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:59572596

Name of Administrator: [L²] [F.I.] Soviethooves

Evidence: I will admit that in telling a player to kill himself, while it was intended as a joke, was too far, and was a clear breach of rule 1.4, for which I can only offer my sincere apologies. However, the reason that I am making this abuse report is not because of my ban, but is because I believe that I was treated unfairly in the courthouse, and that the admin was in fact biased.

Myself and Soviethooves had an argument last week (can't remember the exact day), and as such when the PR was levelled against me and Soviethooves handled it, I attempted to contact Brynn on Steam privately. Brynn did not reply so I instead posted on the thread that I would like to request another admin to handle the situation.

I did not recieve this. I posted this request with my reply to the PR, and Jono did post his opinion on the situation. However, Soviet approved the PR in what seemed like an almost immediate time frame. I woke up to find myself banned this morning, having posted the request last night, despite the fact that unless Soviet did not even read my post, he would have clearly seen my request.

This is unfair because every player should have the right to have another admin review the case and decide on the actions to be taken, if he or she believes that the administrator is likely to be biased or otherwise unfair towards them. In my case, I believe that Soviethooves has ignored my request due to bias or negligence. I believe that Soviethooves has infact seen the request, and decided to ignore it as he wants to punish me, not just for the offense that I have committed, but because of the argument we had the other night - whether it be a conscious or unconscious decision, or that Soviet has negligently not read my post, and is hence unaware of my request, and approved the PR without knowledge of the request, which even then would still be unfair to me as he did not read the post fully.

I furthermore believe that the user who leveled a claim against me in the ban request of "posing as a Lionscrest Member" was completely uninvolved, regardless of whether or not he provided a screenshot to the PR, as anyone in the server at the time could have done that. If I was "posing as a Lionscrest Member" there should be a completely different PR, as the PR had nothing to do with him, Lionscrest, Mr. Sir (it was not aimed at any of them), yet Soviet still allowed this new evidence to be posted, a move which I believe was an attempt to put more offences on me.

In short, I have been deprived of a basic right in the courthouse: to be treated fairly and equally, which I have been deprived of as I requested another admin to handle the PR, but was denied that request by Soviet, who without even touching on my request, banned me for a week.

Below, I have provided a screenshot of my post requesting another administrator to handle the case, and then Soviet's post after mine. I have not included the post between ours, which was Jono posting his opinion of the situation.

My request:

[Image: B2Np5Nw.png]

[Image: stkaD76.png]

Once again, the thread where this occured can be found here: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12535.html

I will provide any more evidence as required.
You do not have any relation to the case, and thus your comments are not relevant. Please abide by the courthouse rules in future.

-User Warned.
Will make a statement once I reach my PC.
As I will be a little late to post, I would like everyone to take a look at the link provided by Judge Rage and to read all posts, including Jono's comment. There is a detail in it Judge Rage has missed.
(Oct 4, 2016, 10:11 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]As I will be a little late to post, I would like everyone to take a look at the link provided by Judge Rage and to read all posts, including Jono's comment. There is a detail in it Judge Rage has missed.

No, I am fully aware that Jono said it is your verdict - but I did not ask for the opinion of another admin, I asked for another admin, not yourself, to handle the player report.
Alright, I'll make this short to save people time from filler words.

The argument we had was over clan leadership that I did not like, and yea we argued, but it's an argument. People argue, and forget. One argument will not ruin my personal relationship with you.

I have learned to have two different lives, Business and Pleasure. Two opposites. If you believe this ban was bias, fine. Make a UBR and I will answer.

I will not have you believe just because I do not condone your actions of breaking our rules (and giving you a punishment I feel is right as I do not take those comments in OOC lightly) means that I hate you in any way and it will never effect my responsibilities as an Administrator.

Rage, you're a good player. Which means when a shining example of our community decides to tell someone to "kill themselves" in OOC for giggles, they should know better and will be penalized according to the staff's discretion.
(Oct 4, 2016, 10:31 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, I'll make this short to save people time from filler words.

The argument we had was over clan leadership that I did not like, and yea we argued, but it's an argument. People argue, and forget. One argument will not ruin my personal relationship with you.

I have learned to have two different lives, Business and Pleasure. Two opposites. If you believe this ban was bias, fine. Make a UBR and I will answer.

I will not have you believe just because I do not condone your actions of breaking our rules (and giving you a punishment I feel is right as I do not take those comments in OOC lightly) means that I hate you in any way and it will never effect my responsibilities as an Administrator.

Even if you were not, it was my fear that you could be, and as such I made a request that was ignored - that is my complaint, not you being biased, but that you ignored my request for another administrator to handle the case. Even if you weren't biased, it should still have been granted.
As I see it, no abuse took place here. We often let another staffmember step in on a case if it's requested. Jono did that here and the only difference is that Sov concluded it instead of Jono, who had the same stance on the matter and would have come to the same conclusion. I'd also have handled it the same and punished you for what was said. Joke or not, what was said was serious and unacceptable.

/Phone
(Oct 4, 2016, 10:48 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]As I see it, no abuse took place here. We often let another staffmember step in on a case if it's requested. Jono did that here and the only difference is that Sov concluded it instead of Jono, who had the same stance on the matter and would have come to the same conclusion. I'd also have handled it the same and punished you for what was said. Joke or not, what was said was serious and unacceptable.

/Phone

Ah. The way I saw it, Jono had just given an opinion, and I thought Soviet had either ignored or not bothered to read my request.

Apologies.
Report reviewed and concluded.

Closing notes:
Insufficient evidence of any misconduct by the accused staff member, [L²] Soviethooves.

[L²] Brynn
Supervising Administrator