Limelight Forums

Full Version: Barn Finds in CityRP 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I was thinking about barn finds from Forza Horizon and how they are spread out.  There was a post about removing body groups off the Monaca.

I thought of an alternative of having to find parts of the vehicle (light bars, bonnet etc) around the map that will only spawn ever couple of hours or something a long them lines. Maybe even the same for the engine and that as well.

What would you lot think?
Mind clarifying this?

I'm assuming you mean finding the parts at randomly spawned locations to eventually create a car? Or is in regards to mods or..?

(Never played Forza so wtf is a Barn find)
(Oct 4, 2016, 04:53 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Mind clarifying this?

I'm assuming you mean finding the parts at randomly spawned locations to eventually create a car? Or is in regards to mods or..?

Ah fair enough

I mean as randomly generated parts can be found around the map. Lets say that a part of the hood for the Monoca can be found in little village. Once found, you can use it which then gives mechanics access to put it on the car.
Well, the Question is, Where did it come From? How? Why? And I do not think That is Really needed, as in real Life Mechanics already have that kind of Stuff.
(Oct 4, 2016, 07:39 PM)BIGBOSS 2K15 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the Question is, Where did it come From? How? Why? And I do not think That is Really needed, as in real Life Mechanics already have that kind of Stuff.

Car was made in 1974. Parts of the vehicle such as hoods and that are not always easy to findd with the vehicle it's self. Also not all mechanics just have that part 24/7 in the shop.
(Oct 4, 2016, 04:53 PM)Jono Wrote: [ -> ]Mind clarifying this?

When I played Forza, a barn find was where you drove to a certain barn, and you got a certain car for free. For example, I went to one barn and found a Bugatti inside. I'm guessing he means like find police body groups as "barn finds".
In regards to "Barn Finds":

Barn Finds are classic cars, usually rare performance cars from like 50 years ago, that someone bought, parked in their barn, and then forgot or stopped caring about. Years later, the vehicle is "found" again, and usually restored to its former glory, hence the name.

Here is a recent example of a Barn Find from real life:
https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture...d-in-barn/

OT: Not a fan of this for regular car parts. Maybe if you found pieces and could eventually get a new car out of it (similar to the Bentley Blower), but as it stands I'm not going to support it.
(Oct 6, 2016, 07:24 AM)Stomm Wrote: [ -> ]Not a fan of this for regular car parts. Maybe if you found pieces and could eventually get a new car out of it (similar to the Bentley Blower), but as it stands I'm not going to support it.

That is pretty much what I was suggesting. Just the fact I was using the Monoca as an example.