Limelight Forums

Full Version: Police Command & Dispatch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the new changes to our TS3, we can now have proper dispatch going. There is a guide on how to set up your whisper keys in the channel, for easy reference I'll paste it here (credit to )
Quote:SETUP DISPATCH COMMUNICATIONS:
IF YOU ARE DISPATCH
1: Goto Settings-Options-Whisper
2: Find Whisper List
3: Choose Hotkey Bind (This will be used to communicate).
4: Choose "Whisper To: Clients and Channels"
5:  Select Limelight Gaming-Channels and select all government radio subchannels (SWAT, Dispatch, Fireman, V4b1 Government, Police Unit 1-6, Paramedic)
6: Save all changes
7: Right click on yourself and choose "Channel Commander"
8:When you click the bind you set, you will see all government groups have a red dot when talking, this means you are live on those channels. (means its working).

SETUP NON-DISPATCH COMMUNICATIONS:
IF YOU ARE NOT DISPATCH
1: Goto Settings-Options-Whisper
2: Find Whisper List
3: Choose Hotkey Bind (This will be used to communicate).
4: Choose "Whisper To: Clients and Channels"
5:  Select Limelight Gaming-Channels and select only Dispatch and v4b1 Government Radio.
6: Save all changes
7: Right click on yourself and choose "Channel Commander"
8:When you click the bind you set, you will see all government groups have a red dot when talking, this means you are live on those channels. (means its working).

DO NOT SET THE SAME KEY FOR BOTH BINDS

Proper communication with a system like that is hard. This guide will be for both police sergeants and dispatch.

Sergeant
First thing, about naming your ranks. I'm not going to say you shouldn't change your rank, but just keep in mind in most agencies a sergeant can be in charge of 5-8 people which is more than you'll typically ever get on the police force.

Additionally, some people like to assign unit numbers based joining ID in /teamname. I personally think it's better to assign police a unit number based on a patrol zone, as it will also help your dispatcher if they want to send someone somewhere.

Here's a reference image:
[Image: 8tJa4yJ.jpg]

Now, not all agencies do it this way. Some will have precincts, others have sectors. Those are all usually then split up into zones, with maybe one unit per zone. Evocity is small enough to be considered one precinct/sector which is why I only divided it into zones. Unit numbers would be <sector number><zone number>, so an officer patrolling the city would be unit 11. Some agencies double it with <sector number><sector number><zone number>, and other agencies do it totally different ways. I am only proposing this way as it is very easy for everyone to get on board with and understanding. Using the method I outlined, when multiple units are assigned to a zone, you simply add a letter to their unit number. The first would be 11A, the second 11B, etc.

Your zone assignments will need to depend on how the city is at that point in time. If you have a full 6 officers and are getting a lot of calls in the lake or Corleone Estate, then maybe you want 3 officers assigned to zone 3. If there's an illegal organization constantly causing trouble in industrial, you might focus your officers their. The key is to keep officers in their zone to help dispatch send people to calls ASAP. Additionally, if officers stay in their zone, if one calls for backup frantically you can just start rolling code 3 to their zone if they are unable to give a location.

The trickier thing is when you have fewer officers than zones. At that point, it's really up to you how you want to assign your officers. You can combine zones, leave quieter zones empty, it really depends on what the city is like.

Dispatch

This guide isn't really a thorough "how to" for dispatch, but more just some helpful pointers to keep the police effective.

The biggest thing I would say is your job is not just to read /request or the text radio, we can see that. Your job is to tell us who is going to where. It isn't helpful when a dispatcher says "can I have an officer to the apartments." You need to say something like "Unit 11, respond to the apartments <code 1/2/3>."

Additionally, when a dangerous call comes in, if you can contact the caller and get any additional information while we are responding, it is extremely helpful. I understand a lot of the time you'll be dealing with other officers over the radio, so sometimes you can't do this. But if and when you can, it is extremely helpful.

Being proactive about communicating with officers can also go a long way. If you haven't heard a unit on the radio in a fair amount of time, ask about their status and location. If they do not respond, send someone to investigate.

During vehicle pursuits, it can be hard to read the radio while driving. Try and gather the suspects location and direction if the primary officer is putting out enough /pursuit calls in the radio, otherwise if you can verbally get the location of a pursuit from the officer chasing the suspect, then you can order other units to block off tunnels around the suspect and end the pursuit much more quickly.

That's all for now, as I think of more things I'll add them and I'm open to suggestions!
Good one
As I was too lzy, I'm glad someone stepped up. Well done on the guide!

Might even add that zone map in the dispatch description!
This is perfect. Well done!

by the way could you perhaps tell me where you got the aerial map over the city? Can't find one anywhere.
(Oct 3, 2016, 11:47 PM)Judge Rage Wrote: [ -> ]This is perfect. Well done!

by the way could you perhaps tell me where you got the aerial map over the city? Can't find one anywhere.

I just googled "rp_evocity map", it should be on the first page of images somewhere