Limelight Forums

Full Version: Clan Vehicle Skins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have seen a bit of talk about clan vehicles and skins. In my mind, as long as the skin isn't anything stupid and fits the senario then I see no reason why it couldn't be a thing. Apart from that it covers up a skin that anyone can use.

Now this is when an idea I had comes into play. When using sub material tool, you can edit certain materials of that vehicle. With that, you can swap skins around so for exambple, LW Skin 1 on a BMW can be used on a TDM skin 2 Audi. Making it possible to add clan skins on any vehicle/chosen vehicle without anyone else being able to since it would need staff to do it. Although knowing the devs, I am sure there is a system that can be made to do a command such as /clancar which when looking at a vehicle would replace Skin2 or something.

Although not needed, it would look a lot more eye pleasing and realistic. It could also be an alternative to  's suggestion about having signs on the side of a GMC van.

What do you lot think?
absolutely agree. it would be good
maybe restrict it from some vehicles
(Oct 3, 2016, 07:10 PM)francysol3c Wrote: [ -> ]absolutely agree. it would be good
maybe restrict it from some vehicles

Well some skins may need to use the custom template provided. Some can just be slapped upon. Most will just need a few vinyls moved around etc.
I would like skins that can distinguish clan vehicles from others, should the clan be opeating at the time.
Depends on the clan and what kind of model but could be cool I guess. Lag/Content size might be a problem but depends on how it would be implemented.
(Oct 3, 2016, 11:24 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the clan and what kind of model but could be cool I guess. Lag/Content size might be a problem but depends on how it would be implemented.

Say I want to have FUMUKU Skin on a lancer. I would take the template, put the logo and that on then do a bit processing to make it a skin and then it just needs to be added to the content pack. Once done, staff can add it manually to the car.
(Oct 3, 2016, 11:24 PM)Cooli Wrote: [ -> ]Depends on the clan and what kind of model but could be cool I guess. Lag/Content size might be a problem but depends on how it would be implemented.
I'll find the size of an average skin, two minutes.

LW Cars -> Merc Benz Sprinter LWB -> Default Skin -> 5000 KB or 1 second (UK Average) or 2 seconds (AUS Average)
LW Cars -> Merc Benz Sprinter LWB -> DPD Skin I made -> 2000 KB or >1 second (UK and AUS Averages)

+Support. It would be nice, considering the clan models already implemented.