Limelight Forums

Full Version: Texas Hold'em Table Bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to see it fixed one day as well, all the models took forever to make and texture.
(Feb 2, 2018, 09:29 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 2, 2018, 09:08 PM)Jokhah Wrote: [ -> ]Though I'm not a contributor, if you need any help with this project, I'm sure you can send me small isolated chunks (not full files) to look at and I can try to help where I can.  It sounds like a logic error.

The table is completely broken.

I understand that it's broken.  In my limited experience playing with code of various designs, you end up with two likely error types.  Syntax (aka you put the wrong symbols) or Logic (The program doesn't understand what you want it to do or doesn't understand some other aspect of the way you set it up)

Since the table partially functioned at one point, it's likely not to be a syntax error, as an update seemed to have broken it.  This tells me that it's either a conflict somewhere with addons, or that something changed the way the information is being presented to the system.

It's probably completely down now due to him working at it from scratch, which means it'll be "completely broke" in this state, but looking over the old code might reveal where it had the issue and would help in rewriting by avoiding or fixing that related issue.

Long story short, its usually far easier to work with existing code (even broken) than to start from scratch (blank page).

I'm just offering to look at small pieces of it to offer whatever I can in terms of insight on it.  I'm definitely not more experienced than he is, but I'm offering to give him an extra set of eyes on it should he want them.  In my limited experience, sometimes the best way to resolve an issue is to get another set of eyes on it, in hopes that maybe the two perspectives see something differently and the issue gets resolved.  Do this in .java class all the time.  Program compiles correctly but doesn't run correctly, get someone else to look at it and see if they can tell what went wrong.

He's got two teams that can help him as it is, so likely he won't need me, but never hurts to let him know that I'm here if he needs/wants me to help.
Ticket Status Updated

New to Confirmed
Ticket Status Updated

Changed from Confirmed to Assigned
Any movement ? iirc Black has the updated codebase if you want to work off that.
Ehh... Still broken. I bought it and Its not working Sad
(Jun 14, 2019, 03:34 PM)X_MAXXX_X Wrote: [ -> ]Ehh... Still broken. I bought it and Its not working Sad

They know it is still broken. He was asking how far Goigle has gotten towards fixing it.
Is there a reason this is still on the market if it's been broken since 2017?
(Jun 16, 2019, 02:54 PM)LiVHDX Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a reason this is still on the market if it's been broken since 2017?

Spaghetti Code.
Updated code sent.
Holdem table disabled.
Fixed issue with buy-in, need to test further with additional players to see if game starts now.
Ongoing issue with being unable to leave seat - related to piano bug, seems as though something is returning false for Can Exit Vehicle hook. Seems to do with prisoner pod class - same issue does not affect the /sit plugin therefore we need to look at the differences between the way that works and the way Holdem and Piano chair entities are created.
Pages: 1 2