Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ranks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I'm here to explain the ranks on the forum, what they do and how to recognise them both In-Game and Forums.

Non-Staff Ranks

[Image: donator2.png]

What is it?
Donator is the most common tag you'll see both on the forum and the servers alike. 
As it suggests, it means you have shown support to the community and purchased membership.

How do I get it?
To receive the Donator tag on your name, you need to go here and purchase one of the packages you wish. It even comes with a Donator Tag: Brilliant!
Disclaimer: Money packages will NOT give you the forum tag, neither in-game.

What did the tags look like previously?

Well, here was one of the first tags given to a member who has purchased membership.
What does it look like in-game?
 In the scoreboard (TAB) and the Chat Box, you will have a [Image: ehveQDT.jpg] next to your name.

[Image: teacher2.png]

What is it?
Teachers are Non Staff members that was chosen by the community, with the final confirmations from a Teacher liaison. Their primary focus is to aid players with game related systems and to answer any questions to the best of their ability. They also play a vital role in the Help & Support section of the forum.

How do I get it?
To get the teacher rank, you need to apply here and the community will either +support you or -support you based on their knowledge and experience with you. Eventually, the Teacher liaisons will make a final decision. 

What does it look like in game? 

At this time, due to the current teacher icon being subject to change, currently has a [Image: Ue24viG.jpg] next to their name both on the scoreboard and Chat Box.

[Image: contributor.png]

What is it?
The contributor rank, well, as you've guessed contributes into development for LimeLight. They are picked by the Development Liaisons..

How do I get it?
To become a Contributor, you will be reviewed on skill and determination, after that the Development Liaisons will give you feedback and will either approve you or reject the application. To actually apply for the Contribution Rank, go here.

NOTE: The development liaisons has received many applications to become Graphics Designers. Unfortunately these applications have been and will continue to be turned away unless the applicant shows extraordinary talent in designing graphics; good with Photoshop is not good enough. 

Contributors receive the icon [Image: X0bGBGk.jpg] on both the Scoreboard and Chat Box.

[Image: veteran.png]

What is it?

The veteran tag is shown to resigned Administrators / Developers  to show they have done service towards the community, and as a sign of respect given this tag.
Demoted Administrators do not get this tag, neither do Moderators both resigned or demoted.

How do I get it?
To be given this rank, you need to be selected as a Moderator (See here) and promoted to Administrator after the Administrators + have full confidence you are good enough to become an Administrator.
Once Administrator you can resign for the recognition.
This is also the same for Developers, from being promoted from Contributor to Developer.

Veterans receive the icon [Image: award_star_silver_1.png] on both the Scoreboard and Chat Box.

[Image: mod.png]

What is it?
Moderators are players in the community which have shown themselves capable of exceptional roleplaying and knowledge of the rules. They are entrusted with limited Administration Commands to help administrate the servers[/b]

How do I get it?
To get the Moderator role, there must be a spot available in the team. This will happen if a Staff Member has resigned, or was demoted. 
If a staff member feels a player has potential, a suggestion thread is made in the Admin Forum, where the administrators will phase and overlook the player. If the player still shows potential, they are promoted to Moderator.
(See here)

Moderators receive the icon [Image: emoticon_smile.png] on both the Scoreboard and Chat Box.

[Image: dev3.png]

What is it?
Developers are users that have shown exceptional skills in either Graphical Design, Web Development or Game Development. These people help to create more content for the servers, or help in bugs, security or any system failures. 
These people are a vital part of the community.

How do I get it?
To become a developer, you need to apply as a contributor and show you can do exceptional work consistently before being offered to become a developer. Alternatively, you will be promoted straight away for the work you've done in the past.
If you are already a Moderator, you will become a standard Developer. 
However if not, you will become a Developer Only. You will have access to development, but no access to administrate in-game.

What did the tags look alike previously?
What do they look like in-game?
Dependant on the rank, either Developer Only or Developer, they are similar but painted different.
  • Developer Only: [Image: wrench_orange.png]
  • Developer: [Image: wrench.png]
Hello Zambie,

In an effort to reduce the clutter in Help and Support, and the unfinished and heavily incomplete nature of your guide, I'm going to ask that you please talk to to combine your guides about ranks into one. This way, users won't be confused.
Hi  ,
Any chance you could finish this guide? It's off to a good start.
Updated:

• Veteran
Added:
  • Developer
Quote:To get the Moderator role, there must be a spot available in the team. This will happen if a Staff Member has resigned, or was demoted. 
This is not quite correct, there is no official "maximum" number of spots on the team.

Looking good on the rest and overall though, good job.
(Feb 6, 2017, 02:50 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:To get the Moderator role, there must be a spot available in the team. This will happen if a Staff Member has resigned, or was demoted. 
This is not quite correct, there is no official "maximum" number of spots on the team.

Looking good on the rest and overall though, good job.

Ah, thanks for the input. It's a bit late and I can't remember much as I haven't been active for around 6 months now. I'll edit it whenever I'm back home tomorrow as Im too tired.
Just saying you put "Demoted administrators do not get this rank" under Veteran, however I believe they do get it if they were demoted for inactivity.
(Feb 7, 2017, 10:39 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying you put "Demoted administrators do not get this rank" under Veteran, however I believe they do get it if they were demoted for inactivity.

That's because you tend not to have the rank automatically stripped. You just get asked very nicely to step down. It's less of a demotion and more of a highly encouraged leave.
After you, lods.
(Feb 7, 2017, 10:57 PM)Lods Wrote: [ -> ]
(Feb 7, 2017, 10:39 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]Just saying you put "Demoted administrators do not get this rank" under Veteran, however I believe they do get it if they were demoted for inactivity.

That's because you tend not to have the rank automatically stripped. You just get asked very nicely to step down. It's less of a demotion and more of a highly encouraged leave.

More of a forced resignation?
forced resignation? sounds like rape to me.