Limelight Forums

Full Version: FearRP Death
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apologies if this isn't the best section for this, but I felt it was the right one.

Recently I noticed staff (and heard from staff / seen blacklists) that shooting people for FearRP is no longer allowed and I have seen people being punished now (as opposed to way back when I think shooting for breaking FearRP [as a criminal] was pretty common).

Let me start and say that I think that is perfectly fine, this is more of a question. I haven't had any problems with this yet, I've just seen other people (mainly cops or hostage takers) be punished so I wanted to ask/discuss something.

If someone is breaking FearRP while no staff are on, and we have already restrained them (via cuffs or rope), are we obligated to release them?
Personally, if someone is breaking FearRP, I'm not going to shoot them but I also don't wanna waste time trying to chase after them either.
My personal opinion is that if they are "running" in character the first thing they would do would run to the police and grass you up, hence I believe it's a valid reason to shoot them however not my call.
(Sep 27, 2016, 05:29 PM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]My personal opinion is that if they are "running" in character the first thing they would do would run to the police and grass you up, hence I believe it's a valid reason to shoot them however not my call.

Yeah, I agree with that side of it too. I've mainly seen it enforced against police so far and that's the main type of job I play so my question is more geared toward cops / government workers I suppose.
(Sep 27, 2016, 04:36 PM)goigle Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if this isn't the best section for this, but I felt it was the right one.

Recently I noticed staff (and heard from staff / seen blacklists) that shooting people for FearRP is no longer allowed and I have seen people being punished now (as opposed to way back when I think shooting for breaking FearRP [as a criminal] was pretty common).

Let me start and say that I think that is perfectly fine, this is more of a question. I haven't had any problems with this yet, I've just seen other people (mainly cops or hostage takers) be punished so I wanted to ask/discuss something.

If someone is breaking FearRP while no staff are on, and we have already restrained them (via cuffs or rope), are we obligated to release them?
Personally, if someone is breaking FearRP, I'm not going to shoot them but I also don't wanna waste time trying to chase after them either.

Even as my time as staff I have to say this is nothing new. To me personally when it came to the subject it was just a double edged sword and the interpretation of it can be varied amongst staff. This rule has always been enforced by some staff but then not by others for a very long time now. It may just be that the staff have finally agreed to enforce it.

Though if you ask me, I think it simply depends on the situation.
When I'm a criminal mugging someone and they run away from gun point I'm going to shoot them.
I did this today, I didn't get punished for it.