Limelight Forums

Full Version: Metropolitan Police Guide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So you were thinking of joining the police?

Great!

So to get started follow these instuctions

Press F1 then click on the character tab after that click on the police officer! Remember you MUST have 4+ hours.

Now in London we don't like using guns however in London certian units that have been trainned do have heavy fire arms.

So in your inventory you will have a X26 taser, ASP Baton (Night Stick), Glock 17 (Remember don't use this unless told to) and most importantly handcuffs!!!

So I recommend that if you are new go ahead and press 'u' and radio in if you can be any ones partner. (This is a great place to start if you don't know the map or what to do)

Now hopefully you have a partner and have learn't the map and what to do.

Help your fellow officer by getting out the car at traffic stops.

Ask for some idenifaction and tell your officer the name of the person and the license plate of the car.

If the person was speeding be nice and give them a $250 fine.

If the person was failing to stop arrest him NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Remember don't give into them if they are wrong and enjoy your stay at Lime Light.

He is some tips on how to get people to follow your orders.

Say this. "Sir/Madam, Please step out of the car please."

If they done comply say it again

If they still do comply say that you are tasser trained and if you don't follow my orders i will force open that door and drag you out.

Finally if they still dont get out take out your baton smash their window twice open the door and drag them out, put cuffs on them and pin them down to the ground.

After that call for Transit to take the prisioner away to the cells where they belong.

Enjoy being a cop.

Stell90 - Diplomatic Protection Group - Chief Inspector.

(Pictures will be added soon)
@ stell the guide is kind of misleading
most of the time, as a copper, you will have to respond to raids
i want to give some tips for new officers:
- always choose the shotgun, the mp5 has only 15 rounds.
- in a raid, follow precedence: Gov Workers first, then swat, and then the police.
- always wait for swat and Gov Workers before moving in a raid.
- in pursuits. don't be shy on ramming at low speed. at high speed block the way of the car and call backup to pin it in place
- if you are rich enough, invest in AR15's/G36 and ceramic.
- even if slower, the tahoe is more tanky and manuevrable than the taurus: it is a must have.
I would try to style it towards the havoc ingame like raids, hostages, etc. Also, I wouldn't set the fine for $259 and don't arrest evaders on sight. Sometimes you can just talk and ask them what's going on.
"Sir/Madam, please step out of the car please."

You sound like a pussy if you say that.

If you want them out of the car, tell them "Get out of the car."
(Sep 21, 2016, 01:21 AM)jarz Wrote: [ -> ]"Sir/Madam, please step out of the car please."

If you say Sir please step out the car there is a 99% chance I'm going to pull a gun
(Sep 21, 2016, 02:38 AM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 21, 2016, 01:21 AM)jarz Wrote: [ -> ]"Sir/Madam, please step out of the car please."

If you say Sir please step out the car there is a 99% chance I'm going to pull a gun

Which is why saying please makes you seem like a pussy. Assert dominance, look into his eyes, and pull him out as soon as he breaks eye contact.

A very American method of police enforcement, escalation of hostilities to assert complete control and complyance via fear and pain.

Rather than Deescalation to prevent either side from feeling threatened so that it dosn't provoke a response.

Thus far on my time on LL, I have never had to start off a stop by demanding they get out of the car unless: They have been evadeing police, they have actualy nearly hit someone, or they are already attempting to flee.

By starting off loud and bombastic, all you do is antagonize your suspect into violence.
(Sep 21, 2016, 04:57 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]

A very American method of police enforcement, escalation of hostilities to assert complete control and complyance via fear and pain.

Rather than Deescalation to prevent either side from feeling threatened so that it dosn't provoke a response.

Thus far on my time on LL, I have never had to start off a stop by demanding they get out of the car unless: They have been evadeing police, they have actualy nearly hit someone, or they are already attempting to flee.

By starting off loud and bombastic, all you do is antagonize your suspect into violence.

You hardly antagonize anybody into violence. If whoever you're talking to decides to commit violence purely because you don't say please they should get checked out by a psychiatrist.
(Sep 21, 2016, 04:57 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]

If you're needing someone to get out of the car, they probably did something wrong. This isn't a formal gathering, it's the streets and a casual "get out of the car man" works just fine.

Here's some examples of cops not escalating it, being as kind as they can, yet they still end up getting shot at. If you don't have a dominating tone at times and force people to do something, you can easily put yourself in danger.
[video=youtube]http://https://youtu.be/L6z8q4lOrDU[/video]

If the prior two videos served no justice to you, I hope the one above does.

This officer lost his life, as he refused to fire his weapon despite the fact that there was a rifle pointed at him.

The kicker? He exhibited a more agressive voice. Imagine him not even getting a fighting chance if he was submissive.

"Please put the gun down please." lol
Guess its a different culture, all of those videos are in America, these are not exactly common cases in Canada
Potentialy only 25-30 police related suspect fatalitys a year and only two officers killed in the line of duty in 2016.

Our inherent cultural temperment is one of deescalation and this is the method I would still recomend for people to start with unless the situation calls for stronger measures 

"To Serve and Protect" not "Obey and Survive"
But...if your nice, you can avoid uneeded violence.
(Sep 21, 2016, 01:57 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]But...if your nice, you can avoid uneeded violence.

No doubt be nice, there isn't a reason not to be unless they do something. But like I said it isn't a formal gathering and you can just say "Get out of the car." Also, if you happened to look at other replies in the thread, like all of our videos, if you're nice you still get shot at.
I'll reiterate, not saying please doesn't commit people to cause violence. What a pathetic argument.
(Sep 21, 2016, 05:47 PM)Venom Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 21, 2016, 01:57 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]But...if your nice, you can avoid uneeded violence.

No doubt be nice, there isn't a reason not to be unless they do something. But like I said it isn't a formal gathering and you can just say "Get out of the car." Also, if you happened to look at other replies in the thread, like all of our videos, if you're nice you still get shot at.

Well I mean, don't act like an ass when you don't need to. Approach a car, try to act assertive but not to a way where the other person feels like he's talking to a robot.
Pages: 1 2