Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request: Coupcake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name:  Coupcake

Ban ID: 4089

Banned by: [L²:M] Sirwulf

Server: V4B1 

Ban Reason: FearRP after being issued a perma warning less than an hour earlier. Should know better after 400+ hours.

Involved: Lizard,  Wesley, Firav, Rhys, Armard, Sirwulf. I'd like their opinion as well as other staff members please

Why should you be unbanned?: Because the arrest reason was "rape", which is not allowed

However, everyone was just fucking about in OOC, so I ran away and they got me eventually the ban reason was invalid and I couldn't see the gun pointed at me however Sirwulf says it had reason behind it. There was no reason behind it. I was sorting out my dupes, and none of that included anything to do with rape. 

I spent half of my time in Jail because people kept arresting me. It's a bit bullshit how everyone gets a free pass, but as soon as FearRP happens in an OOC situation, then you're banned. Nice. 

Everyone was just having a bit of fun since there was less than 10 people on the server, nothing was being taken seriously. 

And how am I meant to be able to tell what's being taken seriously when it's a mixture of in-game and out of character events?!  They basically arrested me so they could read my rights really fast. 

I think its an unfair ban and I'd like to request it to be removed, especially when there's no RP and everyone is just having a bit of fun. 
Thanks for taking this into consideration

Evidence: Uploading

[Image: 0LZg_tkorJM]
The staff-members have received your unban-request, ♈ Coupcake ♈.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
RapeRP is not allowed, charging someone with it is another story, but they can't just give that reason "Cuz they wanna". Yes, arrests must be kept IC, but there has to be a minimum of RP to actually accompany the reason.

However, you did break FearRP by running as he switched from a weapon to cuffs.

Just because people are messing around doesn't mean that rules are automatically null and void. You take the risk of being caught by being in the middle of these gatherings and you are responsible for your actions. Player Count does not effect our rules, as rule are supposed to be enforced down to only 1 person playing.

So far all I see is you breaking FearRP (After being warned), Rhys abusing Fireman tools, and Firav giving an arrest reason with no valid RP Background to do so.
(Sep 18, 2016, 05:37 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]RapeRP is not allowed, charging someone with it is another story, but they can't just give that reason "Cuz they wanna". Yes, arrests must be kept IC, but there has to be a minimum of RP to actually accompany the reason.

However, you did break FearRP by running as he switched from a weapon to cuffs.

Just because people are messing around doesn't mean that rules are automatically null and void. You take the risk of being caught by being in the middle of these gatherings and you are responsible for your actions. Player Count does not effect our rules, as rule are supposed to be enforced down to only 1 person playing.

So far all I see is you breaking FearRP (After being warned), Rhys abusing Fireman tools, and Firav giving an arrest reason with no valid RP Background to do so.

Yes, however, everyone was having a bit of fun as it was very late. Nothing was taken seriously and I don't think It's very fair to ban somebody for 24 hours for having a bit of fun at 2:00PM. There was no more than 10 people on the server, and less at the actual scene. 

It ruined nobodys RP because nobody was RPing, the entire situation was an OOC conversation. In fact, just before I got tased we were having a discussion about Enzyme. 

It was hard to tell what was in character, and what was out of character. 

No harm was dealt, nor was it intended to be dealt.
Coup, I had issued 3 day bans earlier on prisoners for the same thing. Which you witnessed, and I issued the perma warning on you. It does not matter the situation involved, I issued the ban because I had given this warning to you less than an hour before this event occurred, and you started running because you were angry.

And actually, you were spawning a dupe car that you made, which I had stated that you should not do so, especially in front of the Nexus. This was all after the Enzyme chatter. I could have issued a PTE BL for ignoring my comment and spawning this car anyway.

Overall I believe that I was giving you a favor and not going the full 3 days that I gave the others, because of the situation, and I chose to ignore the car spawning.

Perhaps I was wrong in that judgement.
(Sep 18, 2016, 03:09 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Coup, I had issued 3 day bans earlier on prisoners for the same thing.  Which you witnessed, and I issued the perma warning on you.  It does not matter the situation involved, I issued the ban because I had given this warning to you less than an hour before this event occurred, and you started running because you were angry.

And actually, you were spawning a dupe car that you made, which I had stated that you should not do so, especially in front of the Nexus.  This was all after the Enzyme chatter.  I could have issued a PTE BL for ignoring my comment and spawning this car anyway.  

Overall I believe that I was giving you a favor and not going the full 3 days that I gave the others, because of the situation, and I chose to ignore the car spawning.

I was not angry, I didn't want to be thrown in jail for 10 minutes for doing nothing. Everyone was having fun, and I even think the arrest was OOC really as they were just fucking about. No harm meant. 

The prisoners, however, were in an RP situation, not an OOC like one that I was in...
(Sep 18, 2016, 07:56 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 18, 2016, 03:09 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]Coup, I had issued 3 day bans earlier on prisoners for the same thing.  Which you witnessed, and I issued the perma warning on you.  It does not matter the situation involved, I issued the ban because I had given this warning to you less than an hour before this event occurred, and you started running because you were angry.

And actually, you were spawning a dupe car that you made, which I had stated that you should not do so, especially in front of the Nexus.  This was all after the Enzyme chatter.  I could have issued a PTE BL for ignoring my comment and spawning this car anyway.  

I was not angry, I didn't want to be thrown in jail for 10 minutes for doing nothing. Everyone was having fun, and I even think the arrest was OOC really as they were just fucking about. No harm meant. 

The prisoners, however, were in an RP situation, not an OOC like one that I was in...

And that is why I gave you 1 day instead of 3 days.  Rules were still broken, especially after I warned you for the same thing.
(Sep 18, 2016, 08:38 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 18, 2016, 07:56 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]

And that is why I gave you 1 day instead of 3 days.  Rules were still broken, especially after I warned you for the same thing.

However the arrest was pretty much OOC. Everyone was just having a bit of fun, and I don't really see how a ban was necesary. I'm aware you had warned me before (which I will also appeal because I feel I have evidence to prove it wrong) however, this is a different situation completely when it's 2:00PM, everyone's speaking and playing in an OOC way. I can't really stress that enough. 

You wouldn't arrest somebody for an OOC reason, so why ban somebody for an OOC situation, although the ban reason is IC? 

I appreciate that you didn't give me a 3 day a lot, but that doesn't really come into the point I'm trying to make. Do you know what I mean?
Y'know, just because you guys are fucking around doesn't mean rules are voided right?

Arrests are In Character, and your arrest was approved for a reason that was justified in your evidence (Not the rape arrest warrant, the one before).

Players that broke rules in that evidence, are being punished and you are no exception.

If you didn't want to get in trouble, you shouldn't have been involved with the players goofing around.
(Sep 18, 2016, 11:47 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Y'know, just because you guys are fucking around doesn't mean rules are voided right?

Arrests are In Character, and your arrest was approved for a reason that was justified in your evidence (Not the rape arrest warrant, the one before).

Players that broke rules in that evidence, are being punished and you are no exception.

If you didn't want to get in trouble, you shouldn't have been involved with the players goofing around.

I don't want the players to get punished because it's not fair. The server was empty, nobody was causing grief, and we were just having a bit of fun. 

I don't understand why we can't have a bit of fun other than roleplaying without getting a punishment. It's ridiculous to be honest. Nobody's RP was hurt, nobody was intentionally griefing and I'm sure we in that group were the only people on the server. 

I just think its stupid how you can be punished for having a bit of fun on an empty server, with no intentional rule breaking. 

We're all here to have fun, and banning people for such silly things as that is ridiculous imo.

Also; 
Quote:a reason that was justified in your evidence (Not the rape arrest warrant, the one before).

However the rape one was accepted, not the one before. The rape arrest warrant was the one to send me to jail.
(Sep 18, 2016, 11:55 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want the players to get punished because it's not fair. The server was empty, nobody was causing grief, and we were just having a bit of fun. 

I don't understand why we can't have a bit of fun other than roleplaying without getting a punishment. It's ridiculous to be honest. Nobody's RP was hurt, nobody was intentionally griefing and I'm sure we in that group were the only people on the server. 

I just think its stupid how you can be punished for having a bit of fun on an empty server, with no intentional rule breaking. 

We're all here to have fun, and banning people for such silly things as that is ridiculous imo.

Also; 
Quote:a reason that was justified in your evidence (Not the rape arrest warrant, the one before).

However the rape one was accepted, not the one before. The rape arrest warrant was the one to send me to jail.

Are you serious here?  The officer that was chasing you four around in the jail cell left immediately afterwards.  I heard his vocalizations on how ridiculous that was and that he was done.  The server lost two officers that I know of because of your harmless fun. 

Empty server?  Only because players that want to goof around and cause trouble leaves others frustrated and leave.  It is not harmless in the least.
The player can choose either warrant and you were arrested for the first one according to his statement.

Unless you have evidence to back your claims, there is no need for this to stay open.

I'll leave you to .
(Sep 19, 2016, 01:13 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 18, 2016, 11:55 PM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]I don't want the players to get punished because it's not fair. The server was empty, nobody was causing grief, and we were just having a bit of fun. 

Also; 

Are you serious here?  The officer that was chasing you four around in the jail cell left immediately afterwards.  I heard his vocalizations on how ridiculous that was and that he was done.  The server lost two officers that I know of because of your harmless fun. 

Empty server?  Only because players that want to goof around and cause trouble leaves others frustrated and leave.  It is not harmless in the least.

He was running around attacking us all and I have video of it!! That is a completely different situation from the reason you banned me for.
(Sep 19, 2016, 09:20 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]

Also; 

He was running around attacking us all and I have video of it!! That is a completely different situation from the reason you banned me for.

It is related.  It is the reason that you were banned instead of warned.
(Sep 19, 2016, 02:17 PM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 19, 2016, 09:20 AM)♈ Coupcake ♈ Wrote: [ -> ]

Also; 

It is related.  It is the reason that you were banned instead of warned.

However you saw me breaking fearRP, but FearRP was off because he hit me, and gave no orders.
Pages: 1 2