Limelight Forums

Full Version: Groot's unban request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Ban ID: 4060

Banned by: [L²:M] Overlewd

Server: V4b1

Ban Reason: Disconnecting to avoid arrest

Why should you be unbanned?: I was handcuffed by some police officers and accused for reckless driving, which i didnt do. The police officers that handcuffed me later left from the scene leaving me handcuffed and some other officers started confronting me. I then told the officers that i had to leave because i were going to eat[font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif].  They didnt really know themselves what i did do so they just went to confront my friend and leaving me in my cuffs. Then i left because my mom told me i had to come if not she would take the internet[/font]

Evidence: I noticed the sound wasnt recorded now, but you still get the point https://plays.tv/video/57d19473b4d1a38bca/unban-appeal
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Groot.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Waiting for the video to process. In the situation you've described, what you should have done is to inform the officers that you have to leave urgently (which you did) and then just stand up from your computer and leave, without disconnecting so the officers can arrest you as they intended.
(Sep 8, 2016, 07:17 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]Waiting for the video to process. In the situation you've described, what you should have done is to inform the officers that you have to leave urgently (which you did) and then just stand up from your computer and leave, without disconnecting so the officers can arrest you as they intended.

https://youtu.be/1OMUuQZoDso

Here's a link to the video on youtube because plays.tv was totally fucked. Hope you might be able to read it sorry for the shitty graphic, and i listened to music while recording the plays.tv with another recorded so just mute the sound if you want. There was no sound anyways
As I thought the video did not reveal anything that would change my mind about the matter. As I said earlier, if you really had to go right there and then and it couldn't wait, you should have simply gone AFK and let the officers decide whether they want to arrest you or let you go. The officers were clearly right next to you and clearly weren't letting you go just yet.

Furthermore the evidence cannot prove that you are telling the truth about the reason for your disconnect. This is not to imply that I think you are lying but it would be unprofessional of me to take your word for it.

Unless you have anything else to add, I will conclude with the denial of this request.
(Sep 8, 2016, 10:14 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]As I thought the video did not reveal anything that would change my mind about the matter. As I said earlier,  if you really had to go right there and then and it couldn't wait, you should have simply gone AFK and let the officers decide whether they want to arrest you or let you go. The officers were clearly right next to you and clearly weren't letting you go just yet.

Furthermore the evidence cannot prove that you are telling the truth about the reason for your disconnect. This is not to imply that I think you are lying but it would be unprofessional of me to take your word for it.

Unless you have anything else to add, I will conclude with the denial of this request.

How would i know that i just could go afk and go then? Its not listed anywhere. And i even asked them several times to let me go to eat but they were only ignoring me
(Sep 9, 2016, 12:07 AM)Groot Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 8, 2016, 10:14 PM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]As I thought the video did not reveal anything that would change my mind about the matter. As I said earlier,  if you really had to go right there and then and it couldn't wait, you should have simply gone AFK and let the officers decide whether they want to arrest you or let you go. The officers were clearly right next to you and clearly weren't letting you go just yet.

How would i know that i just could go afk and go then? Its not listed anywhere. And i even asked them several times to let me go to eat but they were only ignoring me

It is listed however that disconnecting during a roleplay situation isn't allowed. Going AFK in that situation isn't ideal but it is your best solution if you needed to go that urgently. You also can't expect other players to stop their RP because of your OOC issue. Might I also add that you asking them to go eat was written in IC chat, not in local OOC. It is entirely possible that they ignored you because they thought you were talking in-character.
(Sep 9, 2016, 12:52 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 9, 2016, 12:07 AM)Groot Wrote: [ -> ]

It is listed however that disconnecting during a roleplay situation isn't allowed. Going AFK in that situation isn't ideal but it is your best solution if you needed to go that urgently. You also can't expect other players to stop their RP because of your OOC issue. Might I also add that you asking them to go eat was written in IC chat, not in local OOC. It is entirely possible that they ignored you because they thought you were talking in-character.

I give up on this. Close thread
Appeal reviewed and denied.

Notes:
Suspension for accused player will stand as issued.

[L²] Nacreas
Server Administrative Team