Limelight Forums

Full Version: Forum Warning Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NOTE: Brynn told me to post here, as there isn't an official thread/template,
NOTE2: Requiesting that blackdog refrain from handling this as I honestly feel he has a personal grudge against me and will use his admin status to get revenge(couldn't think of a better word, but dont mean it to sound that harsh)

Your Name: Tails

Warned by: Blackdog

Server: Forums

Warn Reason: Forum Rules violation - Interaction 1-2 (or similar)

Why should you be unwarned?: The comment - "You can only asslick so many admins, right?" - was not offensive or disrespectful. If you want an honest opinion from me, the only reason I was warned is because Blackdog seems to regularly use his staff status to help out his friends. The comment wouldn't bother anyone, and infact got a couple likes from people - meaning it was obviously humorous. 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Tails.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
(Sep 7, 2016, 06:30 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE: Brynn told me to post here, as there isn't an official thread/template,
NOTE2: Requiesting that blackdog refrain from handling this as I honestly feel he has a personal grudge against me and will use his admin status to get revenge(couldn't think of a better word, but dont mean it to sound that harsh)

Why should you be unwarned?: The comment - "You can only asslick so many admins, right?" - was not offensive or disrespectful. If you want an honest opinion from me, the only reason I was warned is because Blackdog seems to regularly use his staff status to help out his friends. The comment wouldn't bother anyone, and infact got a couple likes from people - meaning it was obviously humorous. 

Wesley is the one who forwarded me the post in question, though i'm not quite sure how you can claim that calling a player an asslicker is not "Offensive or disrespectfull" When said player is not your friend, close to you, or thinks said post is infact a joke., compounded by the fact the area it was posted in, was not the offtopic zone where things such as that are common place, but instead the Teachers area.
(Sep 8, 2016, 12:48 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 7, 2016, 06:30 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]NOTE: Brynn told me to post here, as there isn't an official thread/template,

Wesley is the one who forwarded me the post in question, though i'm not quite sure how you can claim that calling a player an asslicker is not "Offensive or disrespectfull" When said player is not your friend, close to you, or thinks said post is infact a joke., compounded by the fact the area it was posted in, was not the offtopic zone where things such as that are common place, but instead the Teachers area.

I'm sorry, would it be preferable that I make a new thread in off topic quoting somebody every time I want to crack a joke ?

At the end of the day, it wasn't intended to be disrespectful nor offensive and if he found it that way quite frankly I couldn't care less. If you get offended by such simple things then you shouldn't really be on the internet, I don't have anything against Wesley as I haven't even had the chance to spend time with him
Just because you believe it's not offensive, doesn't make it not offensive. If the victim is offended or feels as if he was treated with disrespect, it will be considered as such.

On a side note, you were warned by BlackDog. He is the only staff member really meant to handle this situation.
I may be seeing this wrong, but as I was the one that was quoted I believe it may have been directed at me. If so, I did not find that comment disrespectful in the slightest. However if it was not me he was responding to, I apologize. And what about all the People that called chicken coup an asslick for his Enzyme thing, they never got punished?
The quote was not directed towards you faustin, as its a response to the original quote and used for continuity purposes.

Soviet summed it up "Just because you believe it's not offensive, doesn't make it not offensive. "

Do you wish to state anything else before this is concluded?
(Sep 8, 2016, 05:21 PM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Just because you believe it's not offensive, doesn't make it not offensive. If the victim is offended or feels as if he was treated with disrespect, it will be considered as such.

On a side note, you were warned by BlackDog. He is the only staff member really meant to handle this situation.

Should be more clear on that, I don't mind him stating anything about the warning or his thoughts or whatever just want the final verdict to be handled by someone else in the staff team. And in that case, going back to my current ban, why wasn't Wesley punished even though I had stated I took offence to him calling me names? Do the rules only apply to people who are close to admins?

Quote:Blackdog

Mind if I ask for some timestamped proof of that? Or have it forwarded to another staff member to confirm if you'd rather not post it publically

Also I find it quite unfair that Blackdog didn't even hear my side of the story if I had harsh intent by posting it and he also didn't
give me any opportunity to apologise to Wesley, I would have been fine saying sorry and removing the post myself as I do find it
ridiculous that he actually got that offended, my intention was to say it in a joking way but I can understand that I may have
insulted him in some way, and if he got so offended by me saying this then why hasn't BlackDog removed the post? Wesley clearly
doesn't want to see it and has also said it has no place in the Teachers area
(Sep 8, 2016, 05:53 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]Mind if I ask for some timestamped proof of that? Or have it forwarded to another staff member to confirm if you'd rather not post it publically

(Why would i keep a timestamped piece of proof that someone sent me something so routine?)

Also I find it quite unfair that Blackdog didn't even hear my side of the story if I had harsh intent by posting it and he also didn't
give me any opportunity to apologise to Wesley,

(You called someone an asslicker in the teachers area, there really isnt much else to say, it is not the jokey offtopic area and considering your % history prior to this, you should have known better, your warning will fade after 30 days, as for apologising to wesley, you are free to do this at anytime)

why hasn't BlackDog removed the post? Wesley clearly
doesn't want to see it and has also said it has no place in the Teachers area

(I do not remove posts people get warned for unless its pure spam, or memeoverkilling, I leave it up to them if they wish to do, otherwise it is left for future reference)
Anything last things to add to this before it is concluded?
You still didn't respond as to why Wesley wasn't punished when I clearly took offence and reported it. Any thoughts on that?

Evidence from UBR a while back that I mentioned about being insulted
Quote:Another point I wish to address, is the fact that the evidence was used in a such a way that it makes the accusing party seem completely innocent, something which they are certainly not. Just from the top of my head, I can recall them calling me a "Pussy", calling me a "Thing" and claiming that my "life has no value" and possibly more. This in itself, is (I'm sure) bannable. If tampering with evidence is bannable, why isn't leaving out crucial points in a ban request?
You have provided no link to the UBR in question, so I am unable to check it
(Sep 8, 2016, 06:47 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]You have provided no link to the UBR in question, so I am unable to check it

https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11197.html
The evidence there does not show wesley insulting you, his exact wording is: 
Wes= Methbear

[Image: Hn3W2kw.png]

[Image: bOmhGwZ.png]

There are a few others that are viewable in that report you sent but the overall theme is that he is not insulting you, he is saying he is not going to go to your level, as you we're being insanely immature.

At this point you are dragging in topics and cases that are uninvolved in your situation into this and  and as such this UWR is denied