Limelight Forums

Full Version: Long joining times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Last night when I tried to join the server, I didn't expect any problems. I opened a new tab on Chrome and started to watch a YouTube video while I waited. Getting carried away with videos, I returned to Gmod 30 minutes later, after forgetting that I even started to join, only to find that I was STILL joining and downloading assets... This doesn't normally happen and I'm usually in the server after about 2 minutes. Bearing in mind that this is at about 1am so I'm the only one using my internet, so I know that it isn't a problem with just slow download speeds. Help?
This is also happening to me, i just usually wait it out got a feeling its some content or addon
You are expiriencing the same issue with this thread, https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-12146.html
It seems that when you join, the game downloads fonts for some reason (.ttf files) which takes a huge amount of time. It also seems to download wrench model files.
The Read This Before Posting thread specifies that you should not post if a similar topic already has been posted. A thread found here shares a similar issue.

Closed and archived.

Lord Octagon
Limelight Community Teacher