Limelight Forums

Full Version: PC Upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey fellers

Lookin to upgrade my PC so I can run ARMA 3 without lag. Currently get ~25fps and its annoying.

Anyone recommend semi-affordable CPU/GPU that I can buy to run it well at high settings?
GTX1060. It's great and I recently bought it myself.
Yeah, the nVidia GTX 10-60, 1070, and 1080 are all great cards.

Hell, even going back a generation the 970 is a great card, and with it being "outdated" you can probably pick one up for cheap.
Thanks guys, any recommendations for a CPU?
I use a i5-4690k @ 3.5 GZH stock, it runs ARMA 3 max settings no prob at like 50-60 fps. But I do have SLI GTX 960s 4gb :/
Get dual sockets Xeons and 3 way Titan Xs Then you might be able to play on limeight
Get a 1060. I have a 980 and I run arma at 50+ FPS on ultra. The 1060 has basically the same power but is like 200 dollars less.
Is An i5 6600k and gtx 970 a good combo ??
I currently use a 970 4GB SC card and it runs Arma grea getting 40+ FPS although I would recommend the 1060 since it is newer and has a better spec.
That's all i'm really after although i don't play Arma but if it runs stuff like gta 5 good and others it should be fine for me
I have a AMD R7 370 GPU and it runs Arma 3 at around 35 FPS Average on high, but for games like Arma i would recommend the Nvidia 1000+ Series. Not certain on the CPU Though..