Limelight Forums

Full Version: Admin Clans?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm bored out of my mind got no sleep and it's 5am so I thought I start a discussion.

While I understand this topic maybe very controversial I feel like it would still be fun to discuss. So long story short why do admin clans (clans run by staff members) tend to get a lot more applicants than clans run by normal members? :>
Theyre cooler. And most people like to suck admins asses
(Aug 29, 2016, 07:06 AM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]long story short why do admin clans (clans run by staff members) tend to get a lot more applicants than clans run by normal members? :>

I would assume its just many people feel they can get more out of a clan operated by staff, they have more props, they can spawn things others cannot.

Though this does not mean a clan operated by a staff member is actualy in anyway better than another clan, its all a matter of opinion in the end and how each person applying to said clan feels about what they want to get in to.
I think right now it's because it feels like many player-clans don't stick around for long. And it's only been a year - not enough to become notorious really. Admins are able to spawn 100+ prop dupes which look impressive, and are experienced roleplayers - players probably feel they'll get more out of a clan like that.

If a player-made clan can prove it means business, I don't see why they wouldn't get applicants. Look at J.D. Morgan & Co, which was made before Jono was promoted, or the old clans back on FL such as Weyland-Yutani (hosted by Roachy), or M.E.G.A by Barkles (not staff at the time) which even went on to be an 'official' clan.
Even FUMUKU was going strong when Blackdog was a Veteran.

Admin-clans simply have a kickstart, because the community knows its founder's capabilities from the offset.
I think every clan has equal opportunities to be successful, though you have to certainly put in the effort.

Clans that have structure, a well-organized and aesthetically pleasing clan page are generally more successful than those that are sloppy with the forum side, which tbh is quite important. In-game professionalism and role-play experience of leadership is another thing, as mentioned by Safira, that many people look at and judge the group by.