Limelight Forums

Full Version: Midget - Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: Midget

Ban ID: 4032

Banned by: [L²:M] Toxic

Server: v4b1 EU

Ban Reason: FearRP - Had my music on and that's my reason for breaking it

Why should you be unbanned?: So cops decided to start a chance with me. This was going on for around 10 minutes to which a cop drove in front of me and I quickly turned around and attempted to drive off. The officer who wasn't even at the driver door told me to step out of the vehicle apparently according to the cops. I had didn't hear that because I had Ts3 on at the time which is a lot louder then the game sound. Instead of the officer getting spikes out etc, the decided to kill me. Which I was unarmed at the time and had no reason to be killed. Once killed I got respawned and then suddenly taken to a sit by Toxic and told I was breaking FearRP. Now I said I could hear due to other sounds in the background. Now I had said nothing for around a minute and then Toxic tells me that I will be banned for a day and I found that unfair to which Toxic tells me he does not care and to be quiet.

I mean with that coming from a moderator is something I felt was not dealt with fairly. He was pretty biased of the situation and didn't really ask why I apparently broke FearRP. He had also for some reason added "Had my music on and thats my reason for breaking it" which I never ever said that in the sit. Funny enough I never mentioned I had music on in the first place anyhow. Honestly, the situation was dealt with horribly and Toxic needs work with dealing with them. 

Evidence: N/A 
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Midget HD.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
involved
u absolutely broke fear rp for my mind. we were chasing u. then u got stuck so i left my vehicle, pointed a gun at u and i told u to get out of ur vehicle and u just kept driving.
its nevermind that u had music u saw that i pointed a gun at you.
(Aug 28, 2016, 11:18 PM)XShai123 Wrote: [ -> ]involved
u absolutely broke fear rp for my mind. we were chasing u. then u got stuck so i left my vehicle, pointed a gun at u and i told u to get out of ur vehicle and u just kept driving.

Not sure if you have read the whole thread since I stated I didn't have music on but nevertheless.

I was in First Person View and did not see you pointing a weapon at me. There was nobody in with a weapon in my view hence why I kept driving.

EDIT: Also shooting an unarmed civilian is failrp? You had no reason to shoot me and if I was apparently stuck, why did neither of you lot use spike strips? I could of easily roleplayed the situation out if you had not shot me.
"Now I had said nothing for around a minute and then Toxic tells me that I will be banned for a day and I found that unfair to which Toxic tells me he does not care and to be quiet."

When I told you such remarks it was when you started attempting to redirect the admin situation onto XShai123 with such remarks as "He shot an unarmed man" when the mattter of fact is that when you start ramming vehicles with your own vehicle, that's considered 'vehicular assault' in which your vehicle is considered a weapon when used in the damage or harm of other people or their property. I told you to be quiet as you repeatedly attempted to talk over me as I was trying to explain the situation to you.

Your stated reason for ignoring fearRP was, as I recall, listening to music; though it does not change your situation if you were listening to anything else. At the time, your Hummer H1 came to a complete stop. XShai123 exited his Dodge Charger and ordered you out of your vehicle with his weapon pointed at you, at point-blank range towards the driver-side windows; less than 10 feet away. You ignored his command and proceeded to begin accelerating away from us, and he opened fire; as you had already used your vehicle as a battering ram against officers previously.

I then respawned you and brought you back to the scene, where I explained what I saw, and where your reason for breaking FearRP was listening to something else; though you seeing XShai123 standing outside your car pointing a submachine gun at your window, and the voice visualiser obviously showing that he's communicating to you, should've been your queue that he's putting you under FearRP; guaranteed he wasn't trying to ask you for directions. Once you started trying to redirect the situation towards XShai123 persecuting him for shooting you instead of 'spiking your tires' is when I told you to be quiet; as it had only become malicious.

After speaking to Brynn regarding the details of your situation, your high number of hours and knowledge of server rules, I decided a ban would be appropriate.
(Aug 28, 2016, 11:23 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 28, 2016, 11:18 PM)XShai123 Wrote: [ -> ]involved

Not sure if you have read the whole thread since I stated I didn't have music on but nevertheless.

I was in First Person View and did not see you pointing a weapon at me. There was nobody in with a weapon in my view hence why I kept driving.
u typed " Instead of the officer getting spikes out etc, the decided to kill me "
should i remind u that for spikes u need rep point and i dont have 1.
and second u caused to cop to die so u were a threat to us.
its impossible that u didnt see my gun OR didnt hear me.
Passenger of Toxic/LEO involved in pursuit

Let's start off with you agreeing that you had TeamSpeak on way too loud to even properly play the game, not to forget, to roleplay. If you can't hear what's going on in-game, you shouldn't engage into pursuits either, because things like this happen.

Secondly, you tried to ram your vehicle into our vehicles and our persons themselves, thus using your vehicle as a weapon (attempted vehicular manslaughter/attempted murder of a LEO w/ a deadly weapon) which is definitely a legit reason to take you out in an injuring or lethal way. Believe me, it is.

Thirdly, you go back to how you had your sounds up way too high. Whether it was TeamSpeak, music or just the simple fact that you might not have had any loud sounds up too high, but just wanted to continue on with the pursuit; it still stays your blame for not leveling the game sounds to in a correct way so you can roleplay in a realistic and by-the-rules manner.

The way Toxic dealt with the situation was in my opinion all right and patient. He told you to be quiet because you kept trying to make excuses as to why you broke the rule, but the point remains: you broke a rule. And as you're someone with about 250+ hours, I think you should be "happy" that the ban is only for a day.

Also, having the sounds up too loud (or the game sounds too low) isn't the only problem as you can see officers aiming their firearms at you, too. You could've figured out what we meant with it.
(Aug 28, 2016, 11:30 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]"Now I had said nothing for around a minute and then Toxic tells me that I will be banned for a day and I found that unfair to which Toxic tells me he does not care and to be quiet."

When I told you such remarks it was when you started attempting to redirect the admin situation onto XShai123 with such remarks as "He shot an unarmed man" when the mattter of fact is that when you start ramming vehicles with your own vehicle, that's considered 'vehicular assault' in which your vehicle is considered a weapon when used in the damage or harm of other people or their property. I told you to be quiet as you repeatedly attempted to talk over me as I was trying to explain the situation to you.

Your stated reason for ignoring fearRP was, as I recall, listening to music; though it does not change your situation if you were listening to anything else. At the time, your Hummer H1 came to a complete stop. XShai123 exited his Dodge Charger and ordered you out of your vehicle with his weapon pointed at you, at point-blank range towards the driver-side windows; less than 10 feet away. You ignored his command and proceeded to begin accelerating away from us, and he opened fire; as you had already used your vehicle as a battering ram against officers previously.

I then respawned you and brought you back to the scene, where I explained what I saw, and where your reason for breaking FearRP was listening to something else; though you seeing XShai123 standing outside your car pointing a submachine gun at your window, and the voice visualiser obviously showing that he's communicating to you, should've been your queue that he's putting you under FearRP; guaranteed he wasn't trying to ask you for directions. Once you started trying to redirect the situation towards XShai123 persecuting him for shooting you instead of 'spiking your tires' is when I told you to be quiet; as it had only become malicious.

After speaking to Brynn regarding the details of your situation, your high number of hours and knowledge of server rules, I decided a ban would be appropriate.

xShai wasn't near the driver side door. If he was I would of saw him which I had not.

You say that I was ramming the vehicles although officer kept trying to break in front of me and trying to spin me out? One of the officers crashed because he drove up on the right hand side which a sign was there. I never used it as weapon.
(Aug 28, 2016, 11:42 PM)Midget HD Wrote: [ -> ]xShai wasn't near the driver side door. If he was I would of saw him which I had not.

You say that I was ramming the vehicles although officer kept trying to break in front of me and trying to spin me out? One of the officers crashed because he drove up on the right hand side which a sign was there. I never used it as weapon.

Using your vehicle in an aggressive manner towards officers or their vehicles is considered as using your vehicle as a weapon. In a lethal manner, this is met by lethal actions by the LEO i.e. opening fire upon you. The shooting was justified so you can already drop that.
Do you have any other evidence or statements to add before a decision is reached for your Unban Request? I'll give you 24 hours.
I've got no evidence to provide.

Also, why has my ban been raised from 1 day to 1 week?
(Aug 29, 2016, 09:10 PM)MidgetBeMidget Wrote: [ -> ]I've got no evidence to provide.

Also, why has my ban been raised from 1 day to 1 week?

Mods can only issue bans at a length of 24 hours. An admin decided to extend it.

Denied.