Limelight Forums

Full Version: Frequently Asked Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: peiHgQZ.png]

1- How can I call an admin?
You can type @ [message] to contact a member of staff.

2- How can I contact a teacher?
You can type /help [message] or /h [message] in chat to contact a teacher.

3- What are the images/icons on the right of the scoreboard and on the left of the chat?
Owner | Super Administrator[Image: shield.png]
Administrator [Image: star.png]
Moderator [Image: emoticon_smile.png]
Developer [Image: bullet_wrench.png]
Contributor [Image: application_osx_terminal.png]
Teacher [Image: help.png]
Member [Image: heart.png]
Player [Image: user.png]

4- How can I buy Membership?
You can buy membership clicking the membership tab. Enter your steam name to the name section, click the arrow next to it. Select your name by clicking the circle next to it, and click continue. Then you can select Membership from the two options that come up. Your donated amount will be used on the server as the way you have selected on the 4th step. You can change the amount you want to donate by clicking on the £5.00 which is in the green circle.

5- Can I be an Admin?
Limelight is a part of a small number of communities who don't choose staff based on applications. We believe that applications will not accurately show who a player really is; anybody can make themselves look good in writing.  Please check this stickied thread named "So You Want To Be A Staff Member? - Promotion Procedures" in our Help & Support subforum for more information.

6- Is my inventory saved on all servers?
Yes, your inventory is saved on all of our servers. Which means you can use a car you bought in EU V4B1 server while you play in our US Rockford server.

7- Someone broke the rules, what do I do?
If you have seen someone break the rules contact a staff member by doing @. If there are no staff members on, you can record the incident with a recording software. (e.g Shadowplay, Plays.tv etc.) and post a report under the Player Report section of the forums. Be sure to follow the template and have sufficient evidence. "Check the logs" is not counted as evidence and your report will be denied.

8- How can I change my name,description,gender and job?
To change your name press F1 then go to the Character tab; there you can edit you name, your description,job and change your gender and then press the button next to them. You can also type /rpname [name] or /igname [name] in chat to change your name, /description [description] in chat to change your description and type /job [job name] in chat to change your job title. Gender changes will take affect the next time you spawn, name,description and gender will take affect immediately.

9- How do I turn off my engine?
You can turn your engine on/off by typing /engine into the chat. Alternative: /engine on|off

10- How do I check vehicle controls?
You can check the vehicle controls by typing !photon or /vcmod into the chat.

11- How do I warrant someone?
You can warrant someone by typing /warrant [ID] arrest|search [reason] into the chat.

12- How do I accept a warrant?
You can accept a warrant by typing /warrant [ID] arrest|search [time] into the chat.

13- How do I set a teamname to my team?
You can set a teamname by typing /teamname before the job you'd like to set.

14- How do I add a players ID to a /teamname?
You can use #ID in the /teamname.

15- How do I demote someone?
You can demote someone by typing /demote [ID] reason into chat.

16- How do I drop or give money?
You can drop money by typing /dropmoney [amount] into chat or /givemoney [amount] into chat.

17- How do I change the tax rate?
You can change the tax rate by typing /tax [number from 0 to 20] into chat.

18- How do I add/edit/remove/insert a law?
You can access the law page by pressing F1 and going to the Laws section. Alternatively you can type /addlaw [law] into chat to add a law; /insertlaw [law number] [law]  to insert a law;/editlaw [law number] [law] to edit a law; /removelaw [law number] to remove a law. You can also do /clearlaws to remove all the laws.

19- Pressing F1 doesn't work, help!
In console rebind the F1 menu by typing bind f1 gm_showhelp.

20- How do I change Photon controls?
To change your photon controls hold Q, on the top right of the screen click the Utilities tab, look under Photon for the Controls section. There you can see and edit all the controls.

21- How can I modify cars as a mechanic?
To modify a car hold C and right club on the vehicle you wish to modify.

22- How do I edit my license plate?
To change your license plate press F3 while facing your car.

23- How do I give someone access to my props?
To give prop access to someone, hold Q then on the top right of the screen click the Utilities tab, look under Simple Prop Protection for the Client section. Then tick the user you wish to give prop access to and click Apply Settings.

24- How can I cleanup my props?
To cleanup your props, hold Q then on the top right of the screen click the Utilities tab, look under User for Cleanup. You can also do this on the client tab under Simple Prop Protection.

25- How can I buy and spawn a car?
To buy a car press F1 and go to the market section. Click the drop down menu and select Vehicles. Purchase a vehicle that is to your liking, and budget of course, and then go to the Inventory section. Again, click the drop down and select Vehicles then select the car and press use.

26- How can I bind an item to use it?
You can open the console and type bind [key] "say /inventory [item] use [number]".

27- How can I put my car back in my inventory?
In our V4B1 server EU - You can park your car at the parking space at the side of AMPM, adjacent to the bank.
In our Rockford US server - You can park your car at the car park at the side of the market of the Shell Petrol Station in the city.

28- How can I change my job?
To change your job press F1 then go to the Character tab. You should see a list of jobs, you can press the arrows to scroll through the list. When you find a job to your liking simply click on it to select it. You can also type /team [job] to change your job, but this is not to be confused with /job [job name] which is to change your job title only.

29- How can I change my skin/model?
To change your skin or model press F1 then go to the Character tab. On the left you should see your model and underneath it two sets of arrows. The top set of arrows will change your skin type/colour and the bottom set will change your model/outfit. Once you have done this press the green "Click to set mode" text inbetween the bottom set of arrows.

30- How do I change my police loadout?
To change your load out you need to access a blue police locker which are located on the first floor of the Nexus (SWAT floor - Near the glass rooms) it and in the jails (In the Prison office rooms). Simply press E on the locker and select your load out then press the green confirm button.

31- How can I purchase modifications and add them to my gun?
You can buy them at a Black Market Dealer. To add them to your gun simply take your gun out and press C. Remember to be in first person. | When working as government forces you'll already have some modifications, you can apply them by taking your gun out and pressing C.

32- How can I contact the government/police/firefighters/paramedics?
You can type /911 [message] or /request [message] in chat to contact a government official.

33- How can I call a taxi?
You can type /taxi [message] in chat to call a taxi?

34- How can I get someone's steam ID?
To obtain a steam ID you can either hold TAB and right click a user's name then press their steam ID to copy to your clipboard; alternatively you can visit https://limelightgaming.net/services/steamid/index.php and search the user's name.

35- How can I give/revoke a government/presidential/visitor pass to/from someone?
To give or remove a pass hold TAB and right click the user the go to Pass Management and select the pass you wish to give. To revoke a pass you can click "Revoke Pass".

36- How can I PM someone?
You can type /pm [ID] [message] in chat to PM someone.

37- How can I respond to a recent PM?
You can type /r [message] to respond to a recent PM.

38- I'm seeing errors everywhere, help!
You can type /content in chat, this will show you a list of packs that you will need to subscribe to. You also need HL2 and CSS content which can be found here. Alternatively, you can find all the content you need in this thread "CityRP - Content" | If you are still having issues be sure to check this thread "Common Issues Solutions"

39- How can I create/delete a clan?
To create a clan type /clan create [name] in chat. To delete a clan type /clan delete in chat.

40- How do I make my hud smaller?
You can use the /hud minimal command to make the HUD smaller.

41- How can I hide my HUD?
You can use /hud to hide the HUD.

42- How do I search someone?
You can search someone by handcuffing or tying them and then using your Hands/Keys click R on them. Alternatively you can also search them when they do /handsup

43- How do I use the police database?
You can use the police database by typing /policedb to the chat. You can use this command while in a car or at the Nexus.

44- How do I join the steam group?
You can join the steam group by typing /steamgroup. This will open our community page in your Steam browser.

45- How do I use private radio and how do I change it's frequency?
You can use private radio by typing /pradio [message] in chat before your message or you can Press U if you are not in a clan or a job that uses a radio (Government,Corleone,Anarchist). You can change a private radio's frequency by typing /frequency [number] to the chat. This number is to be between 80-100. Example: /frequency 87.7

46- How do I talk in clan chat?
You can talk in clan chat with the command /cradio [message] or by pressing U if you are not in a job that uses a radio (Government,Corleone,Anarchist).

47- What do I do if my car is upside down?
You can flip your car by typing /flip into the chat

48- How do I lock and unlock a door or vehicle?
You can lock a door or vehicle by taking out your Hands/Keys, shift+left clicking on it.
You can unlock a door or vehicle by taking out your Hands/Keys, shift+right clicking on it.
While in a car simply left or right click to lock and unlock.
(Thank you Alan245 for suggesting this question.)

Credits to  [Image: Md1gGzO.png] for helping me.