Limelight Forums

Full Version: Refund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(Aug 20, 2016, 07:37 PM)Noot Noot Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2016, 06:04 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ]SNIP
SNIP

Fixing the F1 Menu isn't as easy or as quickly as people think. People usually do not understand how long it does fully take to plan and fix, edit or make. Giving the error\crash notes to Developers helps in a way so they are able to see what is the cause, if I am to believe form must I think they know about the crashing.
(Aug 20, 2016, 08:06 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]
SNIP

Fixing the F1 Menu isn't as easy or as quickly as people think. People usually do not understand how long it does fully take to plan and fix, edit or make. Giving the error\crash notes to Developers helps in a way so they are able to see what is the cause, if I am to believe form must I think they know about the crashing.

Which is what I did: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11617.html

A few other players also gave dumps.

In no way am I saying devs are doing a bad job, but there are things that have been a problem for a long time which haven't been fixed. They might not be the biggest problems, but how can you guys be adding new maps and F1 menus when issues like below still need to be resolved?

SWAT spawning Tahoe gives the missing skin (can be anoying to players because they have to get a mechanic to change the skin), Ambulance to be nerfed (paramedic is less used because of the OP ambulance). Also the most awaited one by all of us, a working dupe transfer system.

If the F1 menu crashes is causing crashes to players, why can't they revert it? (Well because of the cards obviously)
If the server crashed due to the F1 all users that crashed should be entilted to be refunds simple. It is not our fault the F1 menu is currently broken is it? If the problem is serverside (the F1 menu is) the user should be refunded because it is not there fault. My opinion, pls don't hate on me xD
, I hope you realise it's not easy to find errors, at ALL. For example, my Luna knowledge isn't the best but a client crashing because of the 'F1 Menu' is due to a data overload OR the F1 Menu fails to load, making a critical error where the game thinks it's the best option is to reinitialize the game, (which fails) and closes.

If it IS due to a Data Overload, there is a few fixes, which would be reduce the content in there (It's most likely the cards).
Otherwise the developers can't do much.

If the F1 Menu fails to load, it's something that cannot be fixed easily, and beyond my Lua knowledge.
(Aug 20, 2016, 08:27 PM)Noot Noot Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 20, 2016, 08:06 PM)Sours Wrote: [ -> ]
SNIP

Which is what I did: https://limelightgaming.net/forums/thread-11617.html

A few other players also gave dumps.

In no way am I saying devs are doing a bad job, but there are things that have been a problem for a long time which haven't been fixed. They might not be the biggest problems, but how can you guys be adding new maps and F1 menus when issues like below still need to be resolved?

SWAT spawning Tahoe gives the missing skin (can be anoying to players because they have to get a mechanic to change the skin), Ambulance to be nerfed (paramedic is less used because of the OP ambulance). Also the most awaited one by all of us, a working dupe transfer system.

If the F1 menu crashes is causing crashes to players, why can't they revert it? (Well because of the cards obviously)

Quote:SWAT spawning Tahoe gives the missing skin (can be anoying to players because they have to get a mechanic to change the skin), Ambulance to be nerfed (paramedic is less used because of the OP ambulance). Also the most awaited one by all of us, a working dupe transfer system.

SWAT spawning is due to FastDL not working properly, just like the missing textures we had. The server told you to download the textures which it is doing, but the actual config has told the material is in the wrong place.

Ambulance was nerfed, and it is pretty easy to do as they most likely use the VCMod editor.

However the dupe transfer, is extremely difficult and it requires a lot of work, waaay to much work.
With my knowledge, it is MySQL for multiple servers connected into one database, and it will have to (most likely) update your dupes every 10 seconds when you join one MySQL server (build server).

Then the theme would come in, that needs to be made, and it needs to be reconfigured to LimeLights database instead of Fēarless.
From common knowledge, I don't think they actually copied anything web based, only the game files
(Dupes, main game mode etc)
They'd have to completely redo the code, which takes a lot of effort and people don't realise this

Please have some respect for the developers because what they do is completely brilliant and is incredibly hard just to make something you'd think was simple (Configuring emoticons to the chat box, which requires you to make your OWN chat box)

Have respect
(Aug 21, 2016, 03:09 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ] , I hope you realise it's not easy to find errors, at ALL. For example, my Luna knowledge isn't the best but a client crashing because of the 'F1 Menu' is due to a data overload OR the F1 Menu fails to load, making a critical error where the game thinks it's the best option is to reinitialize the game, (which fails) and closes.

If it IS due to a Data Overload, there is a few fixes, which would be reduce the content in there (It's most likely the cards).

If the F1 Menu fails to load, it's something that cannot be fixed easily, and beyond my Lua knowledge.

I don't care how difficult it is find a fix for this error however that is not our problem is it?
Can people stop discussing things in a help thread?

Keep future posts to the original poster and assisting staff
(Aug 21, 2016, 05:31 PM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]Can people stop discussing things in a help thread?

Keep future posts to the original poster and assisting staff

Sorry was just expressing my opinion on the situation I will post no further from now on-wards.
(Aug 21, 2016, 05:51 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2016, 05:28 PM)JoshZ Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 21, 2016, 03:09 PM)Zambie ^‿^ Wrote: [ -> ] , I hope you realise it's not easy to find errors, at ALL. For example, my Luna knowledge isn't the best but a client crashing because of the 'F1 Menu' is due to a data overload OR the F1 Menu fails to load, making a critical error where the game thinks it's the best option is to reinitialize the game, (which fails) and closes.

I don't care how difficult it is find a fix for this error however that is not our problem is it?

How about you show some respect towards our developers? They worked their ass off to make these servers you could at least show a little gratitude.

Respect? I show alot of gratitude to them I was simply saying that it is not our fault that the devs can't find a fix to the F1 menu.
ALRIGHT! Cut it
Paging

If you want to carry it on go to Discussions or somewhere else. Not here if Blackdog told you and myself not to.
bumpty bump
I apologize for not following your warning regarding off topic/discussion posts, they have been removed.
I also apologize
Have you gotten your refund?
(Aug 25, 2016, 01:47 AM)Brax Wrote: [ -> ] Have you gotten your refund?

Nope, not yet.
Pages: 1 2 3