Limelight Forums

Full Version: Extremism
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So where is like the line draw when it comes to using real life figures/people in game?

Is it just people that would be considered "very fucking bad"? Or does it apply to all real people and groups?
All Real People and Groups I imagine.

I would say something like the Black Panthers is a no, no, but the White Cobras? I could see it working with proper RP.
I think it should all be allowed if used for proper roleplay and has a respectable representation
of that political event/leader.

If you want to play as a Josef Stalin president, I think you should be able to.
We can't just pretend these important historical figures didn't exist to appease
the few people who get triggered by every infliction. (these people are rare)

We're a role play server that tries to mimic the real world and yet we censor a variety of very
real world topics for the sake of being politically correct.

when i was staff it was a permission slip thing
I have no issue with ExtremistRP.

NaziRP is actually one of my most favorites to do, though the issue currently is that swastikas are disallowed on the server since many people believe the mass extermination of jews is a reflection of the Nazi party
This is a tricky subject. By allowing players to roleplay certain groups and political parties, there will always be those players who take it a step too far. Therefore we encourage players to come up with fictitious names for their roleplay groups and then add in certain characteristics from their real life counterparts.

However, these things will always be banned:

- The use of Swastikas, Hammer and Sickles, terrorist group flags, and any other symbols that can be traced back to real life groups/people.
- The roleplaying of terrorist organizations which match current events (ISIS, Al-Qaeda etc.)
- The roleplaying of groups that launch attacks against innocent people.
- The roleplaying of people who lead, contribute(d), or support(ed) suppressive regimes, genocides, mass murders, or anyone who is/was specifically known for causing terror.

The above list is obviously not exclusive and it can be expanded on. If you're not sure if the person or group you're roleplaying is allowed, message a member of staff.
(Sep 6, 2016, 03:04 PM)George Wrote: [ -> ]This is a tricky subject. By allowing players to roleplay certain groups and political parties, there will always be those players who take it a step too far. Therefore we encourage players to come up with fictitious names for their roleplay groups and then add in certain characteristics from their real life counterparts.

However, these things will always be banned:

- The use of Swastikas, Hammer and Sickles, terrorist group flags, and any other symbols that can be traced back to real life groups/people.
- The roleplaying of terrorist organizations which match current events (ISIS, Al-Qaeda etc.)
- The roleplaying of groups that launch attacks against innocent people.
- The roleplaying of people who lead, contribute(d), or support(ed) suppressive regimes, genocides, mass murders, or anyone who is/was specifically known for causing terror.

The above list is obviously not exclusive and it can be expanded on. If you're not sure if the person or group you're roleplaying is allowed, message a member of staff.

So I can't make any extremism RP & turkish government RP.
Even this was not really a given, unless this is some new official ruling I've made the mistake of overlooking.
I've spoken to Faustie and a variety of other staff members regarding the issue and they've all given me a bunch of different opinions. So if anything this is an issue that should be settled.
(Sep 6, 2016, 06:48 PM)Dig Wrote: [ -> ]
Even this was not really a given, unless this is some new official ruling I've made the mistake of overlooking.
I've spoken to Faustie and a variety of other staff members regarding the issue and they've all given me a bunch of different opinions. So if anything this is an issue that should be settled.
 Thought these came under rule 2.2 etc in Basic Roleplay Rules, here https://limelightgaming.net/derma/rules.html
(Sep 6, 2016, 06:59 PM)evilmat360 Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 6, 2016, 06:48 PM)Dig Wrote: [ -> ]
 Thought these came under rule 2.2 etc in Basic Roleplay Rules, here https://limelightgaming.net/derma/rules.html

Something I always thought before aswell, but then I asked and was told it was more of a grey area.
IMHO it should be allowed, but with fictional symbols and in a way that does not break gameplay
EG: the killing of every person found owning a gun, for example, should be allowed. the killing of a person because he/she is black, however, should not.
I like to RP as BPOD which is pretty much like the worst gang ever in the history of the world.
, If the symbols that represented a group are banned does that also correlate to meaning the groups/political ideologies are banned in general? I.e communism/fascism
(Sep 6, 2016, 11:01 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ], If the symbols that represented a group are banned does that also correlate to meaning the groups/political ideologies are banned in general? I.e communism/fascism

You can have the same principles, just don't use the real life symbols associated with said political ideologies.
you can be homophobic or racist IC but you can't rep that hammer and sickle!
(Sep 7, 2016, 12:39 AM)George Wrote: [ -> ]
(Sep 6, 2016, 11:01 PM)Faustin Wrote: [ -> ], If the symbols that represented a group are banned does that also correlate to meaning the groups/political ideologies are banned in general? I.e communism/fascism

You can have the same principles, just don't use the real life symbols associated with said political ideologies.

Alright, thanks for clearing that up =)