Limelight Forums

Full Version: Organ Donation [And competition, giving away $200'000 in-game]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Organ Donation - What's your excuse?

Alright, let me just get your attention real quick. Do you wanna win $200'000 in-game? Read this thread, and you'll stumble on the instructions. 

Hey community. I wanted to bring up a topic that I've wanted to bring up for a while now and that's the topic of Organ Donations, why it's so important why people register to become one and what people use as an excuse for not doing it.

Our forum has a lot of visitors and usually the content can do damage to your IQ but I thought that I could use our forum to spread some awareness. 

Almost everyone support organ donation, but only a small fraction of those are actually organ donors themselves. 

Even assholes can save a life

Facts about Organ Donation:

-  One organ donor can save up to eight lives. The same donor can also save or improve the lives of up to 50 people by donating tissues and eyes.

More than 120,000 people in the United States are waiting for organ transplants.

On average, 18 people die every day while waiting for organ transplants in the U.S., and every 10 minutes, another name is added to the waiting list. In New York State, someone dies every 18 hours waiting for an organ transplant.

Source: https://www.liveonny.org/about-donation/...-donation/

My questions to the community are:

- Are you a registered organ donor?
- Why/Why not?

Let's be real here, if you happen to die in (to name an example) a car crash, do you really need your organs? Why would you not want to save someone who desperately needs your help?

Let's say that your mother, father, sister or brother is dying. An unexpected situation arose and his/her heart is starting to fail. The person you love is slowly dying and is in desperate need of a new heart. Would you not want someone to donate their heart after their death so that the person you love can live?

I could ramble for pages about organ donation, how egotistical it is to not sign up and why everyone should be registered at birth to be a donor, but I'll keep it short as no-one is interested in reading a big rambling post.

The TLDR of this thread is:

If you haven't already, please sign up to become an organ donor. You won't need your organs after you've died and you can help to save many lives with this action. You got my full respect if you're registered to be an organ donor. 

Please consider making a life-saving choice, 

UK: https://www.organdonation.nhs.uk/register-to-donate/
US: https://www.organdonor.gov/becomingdonor...donor.html
Norway: https://organdonasjon.no/donorkort/
Sweden: https://www.socialstyrelsen.se/donationsregistret

If you're 18 or older, then you can register yourself.
If you're under the age of 18, then ask your parents and they will help you out.

This is a serious and important topic and I'd appreciate it if people could treat it as such in the posts below. 

To spread some awareness, I'm giving away $200'000 in-game. 
Here's how to join in the competition to win the money:

- All you need to do is to leave a post in this thread. You can post several times but you'll only get one "ticket". A random name will be chosen and the winner will receive $200'000 in-game. 

I'm holding this competition to bring some attention to the topic of Organ Donation. Be a champ and spread it around. 
Great way to spread awareness, I saw that same video the other day and thought it was really well done.

Been registered as an organ donor for almost 5 years now.
If I could register I would. I like what you are doing with this. This post might encourage someone to donate and save some lives.

EDIT: How old do you have to be to register?
It's something I've needed to sort out.

Thanks for spreading awareness.
I think I am an organ donor, not sure. I find it weird that some people decide not to donate their organs when they die, its not like they need them anymore.
(Aug 9, 2016, 11:14 PM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]If I could register I would. I like what you are doing with this. This post might encourage someone to donate and save some lives.

If you're 18 or older, you can do it yourself.
If you're under the age of 18 then ask your parents and they can do it for you.
Sadly I can't become an organ donor because I've got a couple of things that prevent me from doing so which sorta sucks, but nevertheless it's still pretty damn important to become one if you can, so I understand why your talking about it.
(Aug 9, 2016, 11:19 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]Sadly I can't become an organ donor because I've got a couple of things that prevent me from doing so which sorta sucks, but nevertheless it's still pretty damn important to become one if you can, so I understand why your talking about it.

See if you can donate some of your organs to science instead.
(Aug 9, 2016, 11:18 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2016, 11:14 PM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]If I could register I would. I like what you are doing with this. This post might encourage someone to donate and save some lives.

If you're 18 or older, you can do it yourself.
If you're under the age of 18 then ask your parents and they can do it for you.

Guess I gotta wait a few years
Great thread. If I could register I would but Iam not 18 right now. Right after my 18. birthday I will register there. The fact that one human can save 8 other humans...
(Aug 9, 2016, 11:28 PM)Nudelsalat im Panzer Wrote: [ -> ]Great thread. If I could register I would but Iam not 18 right now. Right after my 18. birthday I will register there. The fact that one human can save 8 other humans...
Good fact to know.
Yes, I decided to become one when I turned 18. I use the option to have my family members decide whether or not I donate organs during clinical death. I am however a registered donor.

- Why/Why not?

Because the thought that the ending of someone's life could mean the beginning of a lot of other people's lives is, in my opinion, a great thought.
“One who saves a single life – it is as if he has saved an entire world”
Pirke D’Rav Eliezer, Chapter 48
No
- Why/Why not?
I'm not a Organ donor because even though I like saving lives, I just don't fine some kind of purpose of donating organs when alive, but I would let people get my internal organs when I die
Yes I am a donor. Why not? I don't need my organs when I go splat
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5