Limelight Forums

Full Version: Ban reason is false
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: 

Ban ID:

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [L²:M] Toxic

Server: v4b1

Ban Reason: FailRP, stealing gov't vehicles without proper RP reason,hostaging police/ems without proper RP reason, Planning to hostage firemen without proper RP reason

Why should you be unbanned?: The ban reason has lies in it. Chop shop is a reason, it might've not been done right but it is a still a reason. I didn't hostage no one, I tied up to stop them from using the radio and telling the cops, that is a reason also, I didn't pull a gun at nobodys head, i aint got no weapon access anyway. 

Evidence:
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Noot Noot.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Hello,

As I am the before said officer that was involved in the hostage situation, I'd like to (and was approved to) reply to your UBR.

Let me start off by saying that taking someone hostage, is not always for money. Having someone tied up without consent can easily be considered hostage taking, and should be dealt with in such way.
Secondly, during an OOC staff situation, you claimed you didn't take anyone hostage, and that you've ''never had anyone tied up with a gun to their head'' (ref. pictures below). You also claimed it was ''an accident'' (whilst both you and Donut got out of the vehicle, very prepared and knowing what you two were doing).

I will now post the 4 pictures which show that you not only claim that you never took anyone hostage, but also that you claim it was an accident. Whilst it was a very thought-out process that had multiple members of the staff team viewing said incident.

Picture 1:
This is Noot Noot claiming everything was an accident.
[Image: 8BkxYB2.jpg]
My opinion: No, it wasn't. You and Sgt. Donut got blocked in by two PPVs and saw no other way out but to get out of your vehicle and pull a firearm on me/us.

Picture 2:
This is Noot Noot actively standing in front of me with the job description: Chop Shop whilst involved in the hostage taking.
[Image: LvOl53o.jpg]
My opinion: As you're roleplaying to be a Chop Shop member, you shouldn't be involved in even the slightest publicly committed crime. Chop Shop personnel tend to execute their plans in an underground setting (just like Corleone is supposed to be at an underground setting) to make sure no-one gets a tail on their 'business'. Not only that, but stealing Govt. vehicles is not really something Chop Shops do as I am quite sure it'd be extremely hard to sell the parts of a Govt. vehicle without being traced down extremely fast. FailRP.

Picture 3:
This is Noot Noot saying he never tied someone up(during the incident) whilst they were under gunpoint.
[Image: 8ciRqPn.jpg]
My opinion: Lying during an OOC staff member situation. You actively took part in having someone (me and most likely others as well) whilst they were being held under gunpoint.

Picture 4:
This is Noot Noot standing behind Sgt. Donut, who is pointing a .44 cal. revolver at me after (and during) Noot Noot tied me up.
[Image: uuxCAsQ.jpg]
My opinion: This shows you twisting the truth during the OOC staff member situation in which you commented that you never took anyone hostage whilst the person would be held under gunpoint. Not to forget that not only you, but also Sgt. Donut both have the 'Chop Shop' job description and thus are both FailRPing.

TL;DR:
You've had verbal warnings, a blacklist and even a kick today, which you responded with quite the sarcasm, too. You would think that after all that, you'd start to understand to lay low and calm down for a while. Not only that, but you also have 605 hours dedicated to the LimeLight server, which is easily double my hours, and thus I second what Noble said: you guys should have known better.
(Aug 9, 2016, 07:29 AM)Wesley Lawrence Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

As I am the before said officer that was involved in the hostage situation, I'd like to (and was approved to) reply to your UBR.

Let me start off by saying that taking someone hostage, is not always for money. Having someone tied up without consent can easily be considered hostage taking, and should be dealt with in such way.
Secondly, during an OOC staff situation, you claimed you didn't take anyone hostage, and that you've ''never had anyone tied up with a gun to their head'' (ref. pictures below). You also claimed it was ''an accident'' (whilst both you and Donut got out of the vehicle, very prepared and knowing what you two were doing).

I will now post the 4 pictures which show that you not only claim that you never took anyone hostage, but also that you claim it was an accident. Whilst it was a very thought-out process that had multiple members of the staff team viewing said incident.

Picture 1:
This is Noot Noot claiming everything was an accident.
[Image: 8BkxYB2.jpg]
My opinion: No, it wasn't. You and Sgt. Donut got blocked in by two PPVs and saw no other way out but to get out of your vehicle and pull a firearm on me/us.

Picture 2:
This is Noot Noot actively standing in front of me with the job description: Chop Shop whilst involved in the hostage taking.
[Image: LvOl53o.jpg]
My opinion: As you're roleplaying to be a Chop Shop member, you shouldn't be involved in even the slightest publicly committed crime. Chop Shop personnel tend to execute their plans in an underground setting (just like Corleone is supposed to be at an underground setting) to make sure no-one gets a tail on their 'business'. Not only that, but stealing Govt. vehicles is not really something Chop Shops do as I am quite sure it'd be extremely hard to sell the parts of a Govt. vehicle without being traced down extremely fast. FailRP.

Picture 3:
This is Noot Noot saying he never tied someone up(during the incident) whilst they were under gunpoint.
[Image: 8ciRqPn.jpg]
My opinion: Lying during an OOC staff member situation. You actively took part in having someone (me and most likely others as well) whilst they were being held under gunpoint.

Picture 4:
This is Noot Noot standing behind Sgt. Donut, who is pointing a .44 cal. revolver at me after (and during) Noot Noot tied me up.
[Image: uuxCAsQ.jpg]
My opinion: This shows you twisting the truth during the OOC staff member situation in which you commented that you never took anyone hostage whilst the person would be held under gunpoint. Not to forget that not only you, but also Sgt. Donut both have the 'Chop Shop' job description and thus are both FailRPing.

TL;DR:
You've had verbal warnings, a blacklist and even a kick today, which you responded with quite the sarcasm, too. You would think that after all that, you'd start to understand to lay low and calm down for a while. Not only that, but you also have 605 hours dedicated to the LimeLight server, which is easily double my hours, and thus I second what Noble said: you guys should have known better.

You're confusing yourself, you need to understand, I put a gun to anyone's head. It's impossible to do that, when I had a weapon blacklist.
Hello noot noot,
The fact remains that you were directly involved in taking a police officer hostage; and even though you didn't put a gun to his head, your associate did. You were all equally invested in tying and threatening him.
(Aug 9, 2016, 02:34 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello noot noot,
The fact remains that you were directly involved in taking a police officer hostage; and even though you didn't put a gun to his head, your associate did. You were all equally invested in tying and threatening him.

Hello toxic,

But isn't a hostage, someone tied up and locked away and someone you are using to stop something from happening. I'm sure tying someone up just so they can't use their radio isn't hostaging the most.
(Aug 9, 2016, 04:43 PM)Noot Noot Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 9, 2016, 02:34 PM)Toxic Wrote: [ -> ]Hello noot noot,

Hello toxic,

But isn't a hostage, someone tied up and locked away and someone you are using to stop something from happening. I'm sure tying someone up just so they can't use their radio isn't hostaging the most.

I have replied an answer on you two claiming this isn't hostage taking on Donut's UBR as well, I'd guess you would have read it, but in case you didn't, here it is:

This is a small quote from Wikipedia on the description of hostage taking.

However, in contemporary usage, it means someone who is seized by a criminal abductor in order to compel another party such as a relative, employer, law enforcement, or government to act, or refrain from acting, in a particular way, often under threat of serious physical harm to the hostage(s) after expiration of an ultimatum.

In this case:
> Someone is me;
> Criminal abductor(s) are you and Noot Noot;
> Other party is LE, so Govt. personnel;
> Refrain from acting in a particular way is clarified as you two wanting to get away safely making sure we will not turn around and engage a pursuit with you two again (see the thing I made bold in your quote);
> Under threat of serious physical harm to the hostage(s), see before named .44 caliber revolver pointed at my face.

TL;DR:
Tied up subject/taking away subject's freedom + a firearm/weapon threat towards said subject = hostage taking.
You two tied me up, put a threat of serious physical harm to my head (the firearm) in order to make sure we'd refrain from taking further action in engaging into a pursuit with you two.
You have 12 hours to respond with meaningful evidence or proof as to why you should be unbanned or have your suspension reduced.
Conclusion: your chop shop had no RP background whatsoever other than a building with a wall around it, and you as well as your associates were not roleplaying as fitting to your characters by both acting and conspiring to take government workers hostage - and baiting the police into a car chase that caused you to reach that point - in a role that is meant to be discreet as well as avoiding attracting attention from law enforcement.
There is no rule, about how to do a "chop shop RP", I didn't even used to know what a chop shop was. To me, it was just about stealing cars. At no place does it say how to steal cars, so for me, i thought it's about stealing cars by anyway. So while I was carrying out my chop shop, I didn't understand fully about doing a chop shop, but at that time I thought it was all fine.

If you're driving a car, say you are supposed to follow a road a certain way, but you make a mistake, if the driving instructer tells you, you shouldn't have done that, then you know for next time that you shouldn't do that. It's the same thing here, I am doing something, but I didn't do it properly, but the "Instructor" (Mod/Admin) has told me, that I have made mistakes, then I know next time that I shouldn't make the mistake.

Therefore, I didn't do a chop shop properly because I was making it to public, but now I know that I am supposed to keep it quiet. So now I know.

Also, if you receive a long ban, usually they say, take time to read the rules, but here, there isn't rules about how to properly RP a certain job.

Lastly, I don't understand what getting a Gun Blacklist has to do with a FailRP ban? I mean really, it the ban was extended 6x just for having a blacklist which has nothing to do with the ban?
This UBR has been denied and closed at the handleing staffs request due to the accused not showing enough evidence or otherwise to change the decision