Limelight Forums

Full Version: Rio Olympics 2016 Opening Ceremony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tin foil, rubber bands and sticks - Jesus christ what a disappointment it's been so far.
Makes me wanna go and re-watch the Great British opening ceremony again to remind myself what it should be like.
I did that - it's actually amazing. Like, 4 years ago I didn't understand what was so special about it, but now I can see exactly why they did what they did and it's magical.
Like, transitioning from Rural England to the Industrial Revolution - I didn't even realise the floor became a birdseye view of London (with the Thames running through it like Eastenders) until I ee watched it.

Proper sick.

I do have a question though. Is it just me, or were these 2016 games not hyped up as much?
Because I remember there was a huge buildup for 2012, but I don't know if that was just because it was hosted in London (and so the whole of Britain was getting excited with it all).

Like, I didn't even know the Olympics were starting until a couple days ago, seems to have just showed up.
(Aug 6, 2016, 01:06 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]I do have a question though. Is it just me, or were these 2016 games not hyped up as much?
Because I remember there was a huge buildup for 2012, but I don't know if that was just because it was hosted in London (and so the whole of Britain was getting excited with it all).

Like, I didn't even know the Olympics were starting until a couple days ago, seems to have just showed up.

You're not wrong, I didn't even know it was the ceremony last night until they made a comment about it on Sky News yesterday morning - even my mum who works at a call center for a top sports betting company didn't realize it was starting today.
Apparently, the ceremony got a TV audience of 3 billion or something.
Only found out this morning the Olympics had started watched repeat of opening ceremony and it was nothing to the two games prior
Unless Brazil can work miracles, they're going to have to work magic for there to be no major disturbances during the games.
Anyone have a link to an actual video of the opening ceremony? All the ones I can find are just clips and stuff

edit:
NVM found one it was shit.
The commentator sounded like Pansy lol
Call me racist, but why do I get the feeling that  the vendors in the stands are all going to be this...

[Image: Organ_Dealer.jpg]
I didn't even know the olympics started yesterday until 2 hours ago lmao
it was SHIT.
Didn't even know it started lmao

The Australian team had their fire alarms deactivated just before a fire broke out caused by the dodgy building they were placed in. And on top of that, had their personal belongings stolen by the fire fighters....great games so far....
Does anybody have a link to the opening ceremony? I can only find snippets.
(Aug 7, 2016, 04:37 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody have a link to the opening ceremony? I can only find snippets.

Literally the only legible media I found
https://youtu.be/PLLt2mSqpd0