Limelight Forums

Full Version: Metal Detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With the new metal detector being added (great works devs/contributers) I have a question.

It says it requires 2 REP to be used, but can this be any kind of REP or is section-specific?
I belive its with 2 REp general
(Aug 5, 2016, 02:22 AM)The Rock Wrote: [ -> ]I belive its with 2 REp general
Ah thanks, is there a reason behind that?
The metal detector grants a very significant advantage to any defending parties, but it should be used in realistic situations. Your average rebel isn't going to have a metal detector, so the REP is there so that they're more likely to be used as part of decent roleplays than just as a basing tool.
(Aug 5, 2016, 02:53 AM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]The metal detector grants a very significant advantage to any defending parties, but it should be used in realistic situations. Your average rebel isn't going to have a metal detector, so the REP is there so that they're more likely to be used as part of decent roleplays than just as a basing tool.

I understand that there is a requirement, However I wonder why its two general REP and not two rep combined since general REP doesnt seem to make sense to me.
I'm sort of in agreement here, but I do understand Faustie's point.

I think what Cooli is trying to point out is that there's several different RP's that you can do as a police officer where this may come in handy. Such as a government unit stationed on the doors of the Nexus to scan people, or stopping people in a certain area under the suspicion they may be involved in a crime.
(Aug 5, 2016, 03:24 AM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sort of in agreement here, but I do understand Faustie's point.

I think what Cooli is trying to point out is that there's several different RP's that you can do as a police officer where this may come in handy. Such as a government unit stationed on the doors of the Nexus to scan people, or stopping people in a certain area under the suspicion they may be involved in a crime.
Exactly, thank you for explaining thorougly. (not only goverment, every rp type could use it under certain scenerios.)
IMO it should be 2 of ANY rep. If you have 1 gov and one gen? You got it. This is used for both, so both should apply.