Limelight Forums

Full Version: Matthew.SPICE unban
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
[b]Your Name:Matthew.SPICE

[b]Ban ID: 3785

[b]Banned by:[/b] Please include the [L²]Obay

[b]Server: CityRP2 

[b]Ban Reason: Staff Disrespect // No interest in listening to staff // FailRP - Asking to be killed // Requested 'Ban me I dont care'

[b]Why should you be unbanned?: I did not disrespect staff in the slightes; I did not undermine, insult, or abuse them. I did listen to the what the staff has to say, I simply argued my case, which was that I had broken no rules and was trying to Roleplay with someone. 
The admin said he would ban me for 'back chat', even though I was doing nothing of the sort, and as a response I said 'You'll have to  ban me then, as I have not broken any rules.
I was banned for not breaking any rules, over a false case of admin disrespect. I am a passionate roleplayer, I enjoy the servers. It would be a huge shame for me to not be involved within the community anymore.
[b]Evidence:As I stated above, I did not insult the admin (so I therefore did not disrespect them) and neither broke any rules. Therefore, it is purely his word against mine. I was simply roleplaying.
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Matthew.ICE.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Moderator, involved

During our encounter, both when I was trying to talk to you and when Obay took over, you didn't seem like you wanted to take the situation seriously, laughing through pretty much the whole encounter, and indeed trying to talk over Obay when he was trying to explain to you what you had done wrong; along with verbal taunts such as "Go on ban me, I don't care. I can find other servers to play on."
Except I had not broken any rules. I said that after he rudely shouted at me to 'SHUT UP' whilst I was trying to explain my piece, and threatened to ban me without reason. He clearly had no interest in what I had to say, which I found shocking. He told me that 'once you join this server, you are expected to follow the rules' yet I did. I was never told what rules I had broken, and what I should do differently in the future. Instead I get an instant ban for speaking, which was instantly regarded as 'back chatting'. I consider that to be rude, as would you, as would any other person. I was role-playing. Not minging. Not Meta gaming. Not breaking NLR. Not Fail RP. Not doing RDM. I was role-playing.
Hi

Given give your attitude to the given to the situation, our moderator Toxic was trying to explain to you what rule you were breaking and your behaviour was not acceptable. Because Toxic was new to the job I felt that it was necessary to step in to remind you of the situation you were in.

Primarily your ban was based on the fact you were asking to be killed, which is widely known as FailRP; which you would have known if you were listening. Toxic was kind enough to give you a chance and explain what you did wrong, something from which he is not obligated to do. However because you decided to laugh at him and your sarcastic responses to his efforts ultimately locked in a ban.

However if you were decent enough to show Toxic some respect in the given situation, I'm very sure I would have given you a warning and I would not have had to step in.

Closing notes:
- Please make sure you read all of our in-game server rules here.
Your unban appeal been denied as you indeed broke the rules and your appeal show no remorse nor does it show any attempt to understand the reasoning behind the given suspension.