Limelight Forums

Full Version: Keyboard Recommendations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, gonna get a new keyboard for my birthday (Sep. 6th) and need help picking one because I have severely mild autismal disorder.

Kinda narrowed it down to either the Corsair K95 RGB or Razer Blackwidow Chroma, but if anyone has any better suggestions around the same price I'd be happy to consider

(K95 here)
(Blackwidow here)

If you find a keyboard that I like better than these two and I buy it, you get 1 free meme.
I would go with the K95, way better.
I'm not up to date on the latest, but I'm a huge fan of the CMStorm Trigger-Z I'm using. The MX Browns are great, the keyboard itself has a very solid design and is well weighted, and while it still has a bit of a 'gaming' look it's subdued: the LEDs are white so I can actually use this keyboard in a professional environment also, unlike reds etc. It really shouldn't matter, but in a lot of environments you'll get ridiculed for having ostentatious LEDs everywhere. It's a shame, but that's how the world works. This depends on where you'll be using it though. If it's at home, go ham, get flashing LEDs, stickers of naked redheads, whatever.

It's durable too. I accidentally spilled a ton of tea in there once and after a few days of being upside down with keys off to air out, it was working perfectly again.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
[Image: image_676.jpg]
(Aug 1, 2016, 07:27 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not up to date on the latest, but I'm a huge fan of the CMStorm Trigger-Z I'm using. The MX Browns are great, the keyboard itself has a very solid design and is well weighted, and while it still has a bit of a 'gaming' look it's subdued: the LEDs are white so I can actually use this keyboard in a professional environment also, unlike reds etc. It really shouldn't matter, but in a lot of environments you'll get ridiculed for having ostentatious LEDs everywhere. It's a shame, but that's how the world works. This depends on where you'll be using it though. If it's at home, go ham, get flashing LEDs, stickers of naked redheads, whatever.

It's durable too. I accidentally spilled a ton of tea in there once and after a few days of being upside down with keys off to air out, it was working perfectly again.

Looks solid, but don't know how the white will be against my blue LEDs on my desk and in my PC
(Aug 1, 2016, 07:36 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]
(Aug 1, 2016, 07:27 PM)Faustie Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not up to date on the latest, but I'm a huge fan of the CMStorm Trigger-Z I'm using. The MX Browns are great, the keyboard itself has a very solid design and is well weighted, and while it still has a bit of a 'gaming' look it's subdued: the LEDs are white so I can actually use this keyboard in a professional environment also, unlike reds etc. It really shouldn't matter, but in a lot of environments you'll get ridiculed for having ostentatious LEDs everywhere. It's a shame, but that's how the world works. This depends on where you'll be using it though. If it's at home, go ham, get flashing LEDs, stickers of naked redheads, whatever.

Looks solid, but don't know how the white will be against my blue LEDs on my desk and in my PC

Lol white is like black, it can go with anything.
K95 tho.

Razer keyboards are like the definition of Chinese rip-off crap. They tried to make their own mechanical switches in one variant, which are somewhere in between all 3 of the most common. They tried to please everyone with one design, and ended up pleasing few. Not to mention the build quality is terrible. AFAIK all plastic compared to the K95's brushed aluminium body.

Yes, I'll admit, razer make good mice, but keyboards are not their strong suit. Never buy because of a brand.
I have the k65 rgb which is just a shorter version of k95 and it is great. I love the customization on it.
I'm a fan of mechanical keyboards.
I would recommend this one: https://steelseries.com/gaming-keyboards/6gv2
I got that one myself and I love it.
Its pretty cheap and works really good. Nothing special about tho.
I have a Steelseries Apex RAW.

God I love it, got loads of macros, nice hand rest, white LEDs, and it's actually rather quiet for a mechanical keyboard
Avoid Razer at all cost. I've owned several Razer products (Keyboards, mouse, headset) and they broke down so fast. They were okay, but only okay and the pricetag is extremely high compared to what performance you get out of em. 

I'm currently rocking a Corsair keyboard myself (Corsair Vengeance K60) and I love it.
Corsair is a great brand and I've owned multiple Corsair products and they've yet to fail me.
(Aug 10, 2016, 11:56 PM)Enzyme Wrote: [ -> ]Avoid Razer at all cost. I've owned several Razer products (Keyboards, mouse, headset) and they broke down so fast. They were okay, but only okay and the pricetag is extremely high compared to what performance you get out of em. 

I'm currently rocking a Corsair keyboard myself (Corsair Vengeance K60) and I love it.
Corsair is a great brand and I've owned multiple Corsair products and they've yet to fail me.
The wrist pad on that looks uncomfortable, can you take it off?
Yupp, first thing I did was take it off. It just put my hand at a weird angle and made it hard to press CTRL and Z.
Votes say blackwidow chroma, but comments say the K95 (or something else). Personally, I think the cheap plastic on the blackwidow chroma is a massive downside since it looks like shit and it's not as useful as a weapon. The extra macros on the K95 are a nice touch too.
I suggest the G710 as it has RGB lighting, Cherry MX switches and 5 programmable macro keys
dont buy chroma it sucks dick my dood i hav it.