Limelight Forums

Full Version: Starter car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So what do you guys think of when you think of good started car (still a proper car not like old piece of metal) for around 3k euros?
[Image: Trabant_601_Estate.jpg]
Ferrari or gtfo pal just take out a loan or some shit.
(Jul 27, 2016, 11:51 AM)Watermelon Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you guys think of when you think of good started car (still a proper car not like old piece of metal) for around 3k euros?

is that all in insurance included or?
(Jul 27, 2016, 12:41 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 27, 2016, 11:51 AM)Watermelon Wrote: [ -> ]So what do you guys think of when you think of good started car (still a proper car not like old piece of metal) for around 3k euros?

is that all in insurance included or?
Just for the car
for 3000 Euros (or 2.5k£ for me) Id say buy something with a smallish engine unless you have another 3-5 thousand euros to insure it

I drive a VW so i can vouche the engines are alright and cheap to insure (polos are alright)
Skoda fabia is basically a VW but cheaper
Ford fiesta? couple of mates have them theyre alright

Vauxhall (or Opel for you) Corsa - everyone has one seemingly, alrightish cars.

Other than that you're first car by nature is gonna be a bit shit unless you have loads of money to insure it. (at least in the UK)
Oh please. Get a pink vespa.
(Jul 27, 2016, 12:47 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]Vauxhall (or Opel for you) Corsa - everyone has one seemingly, alrightish cars.

Roadman Bark

You can start with a opel with isuzu engine , you can start with peugeot 205 , you can start with mercedes 220 from 77 or a 300 from 1992 , those are cheap and reliable vehicles , im not sure how old the cars are in your country too
Trabant's are rare today. You can sell one for over 10.000 € if the vehicle and the engine is alright.
Only fact you need to know is that OPEL is not a car. And you want a german car.
- Golf IV "Model: mkIV" / Audi A3 "model: 8L" / Skoda Octavia "Model: type 1u"

Engines for these cars, which I recommend: 1.9L tdi "For regularly long trips. The turbo can get filled with a lot of shit and can break, if you're not driving long trips at all." or 1.6L petrol "Good overall"

These can be good starter cars, because they're easy to repair and maintain.
If you treat these cars well. They will LAST for decades.

If you want to buy one of these cars.
Inspect them for rust on the front and rear fenders, trunk. "Classic VW rust spots"

Generally always test drive the car, check the service book and look for damages on the body aswell "Could have been in an accident"

I could keep on talking about what you need to remember checking and so on when buying a used car.
Take someone with you who knows his/her stuff about cars to inspect the car with you.

Good luck. Peace!
ive got your average roadman 2004 corsa. only 1.5k a year to ensure and its proper nice to drive
Thanks for all of your suggestion everyone! Ill have a look into them later today!