Limelight Forums

Full Version: UBR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Your Name:  Sgt. Donut 

Ban ID: 3672

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²] Soviethooves[/font]

Server: V33x

Ban Reason: [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]Powergaming | Multiple Fear RP Breakages | FailRP | You have a very extensive amount of RP and rules. Read over the rules during your break.[/font]

Why should you be unbanned?:  First of all let me start off by saying that whatever  I was accused of was corrected 30 seconds afterwards. For powergaming, I listened to whatever toxic had to do. Then proceeded to go to the nexus and go on my knees. And everything was going fine and the RP was going smoothly, untill Soviet banned me. If not removed altogether, atleast reduced. I even dontated to show my commitment to this server. And like I'll say again I followed all the orders given to me up to the point I got banned. Also please can Soviet not be the final person to unban me or ban me.

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, SgtDonut :D.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
INVOLVED - I watched the whole thing

I watched the whole thing unfold and I dont think a ban was necessary at the start I think Donut was confused on why he was getting guns pointed at him by Police when he was swat but he went with it after [keep in mind this ban was 5 minutes after this incident] he fully complied with the RP after realizing what was going on and I think this ban was completely biased because Toxic (Soviets friend) was one of the cops trying to put Donut under arrest. I believe that Toxic kept asking Soviet to ban Donut through TeamSpeak since he suddenly stopped talking in game. This seems a little bit fishy to me since like I stated the ban was 5 minutes after the original incident took place.
https://imgur.com/a/8HO60

Proof they were in TS
I will clarify some things.

1. Yes, we are friends and we hang out in TS along with our other friends Loaf, CJ, and Noble. This has no relation to my duties.
2. Donating to the server, although kind and generous, does not help you in this situation.
3. Officers and SWAT may arrest each other for valid RP reasons. No one is above the law and with proper RP actions IC, is allowed.

Powergaming

Donut, while under Fear RP, was prompted to be handcuffed. Although these were "attempts", they would've succeed due to Donut being on the ground and under Fear RP. Instead of following the "/me's" Toxic was giving to cuff Donut, he repeatedly said "The attempt fails", forcing the situation into his advantage and running into the Nexus while still under Fear RP.

Fear RP

You were seen by Myself, multiple players, and Noble (I believe) breaking Fear RP while under gunpoint from two officers. When given orders you took the "Smartass Approach" (Literally the only way I can think of a way to describe it. No offense meant to be shown.) by doing EXACTLY as they said. Not in the way it was intended to be ordered, but in the way it was said in a sentence. After a few moments of this, you then even pulled a firearm out while 2 Shotguns were still pointed at you.

The argument that he was "unaware" is a terrible excuse as Donut was given numerous orders while under Fear RP.

I am open to questions or concerns you have about the subjects of chatter that were in our TS group if you wish to hear about them. I have nothing to hide as we were communicating as friends and at a point, as a way to contact staff to overwatch a situation.
(Jul 24, 2016, 08:45 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]I will clarify some things.

1. Yes, we are friends and we hang out in TS along with our other friends Loaf, CJ, and Noble. This has no relation to my duties.
2. Donating to the server, although kind and generous, does not help you in this situation.
3. Officers and SWAT may arrest each other for valid RP reasons. No one is above the law and with proper RP actions IC, is allowed.

Powergaming

Donut, while under Fear RP, was prompted to be handcuffed. Although these were "attempts", they would've succeed due to Donut being on the ground and under Fear RP. Instead of following the "/me's" Toxic was giving to cuff Donut, he repeatedly said "The attempt fails", forcing the situation into his advantage and running into the Nexus while still under Fear RP.

Fear RP

You were seen by Myself, multiple players, and Noble (I believe) breaking Fear RP while under gunpoint from two officers. When given orders you took the "Smartass Approach" (Literally the only way I can think of a way to describe it. No offense meant to be shown.) by doing EXACTLY as they said. Not in the way it was intended to be ordered, but in the way it was said in a sentence. After a few moments of this, you then even pulled a firearm out while 2 Shotguns were still pointed at you.

The argument that he was "unaware" is a terrible excuse as Donut was given numerous orders while under Fear RP.

I am open to questions or concerns you have about the subjects of chatter that were in our TS group if you wish to hear about them. I have nothing to hide as we were communicating as friends and at a point, as a way to contact staff to overwatch a situation.

When you say I'm powergaming, does that mean that Toxic was power gaming as well? When he cuffed me? Then that puts the RP at his advantage. As for the FearRP I pulled out the gun to show that I demand some kind of respect. After all I was a the S.W.A.T Sergeant. When the officers were "handcuffing" me, I did not know you can even do that, taking a government official hostage. That is basically me being a doctor and holding a gun dealer at gun point. In the end I followed whatever order that they would say, and continue with the RP normally and then I get banned. Basically you banned me for delaying an RP and not getting it over with.
(Jul 24, 2016, 08:45 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]-9 page essay-
It's obviously going to be a bit confusing for cops to immediately point guns at you when you are SWAT. Donut ran inside the nexus because I don't know if you weren't there or just didn't hear but they were ordering him to get inside the nexus. The power gaming I can understand but how do you want that's to play out? Toxic kept saying he "attempted" to put on cuffs on donut but there is still that he wouldn't be able to cuff him and Donut took that chance. It would be a whole different story if Toxic would have said that he did cuff donut instead of saying he attempted to cuff him.
A few things going on here right off the bat.

A.) The title is SO sorry, a reference to an earlier joke about all that you are having to do to get unbannned is to say Sorry. It looks like this title is very sarcastic and not at all serious, and despite the title... the actual subject shows zero remorse, just a lot of excuses.

B.) Just because people hang out over TS, or socialize in game/out of game really doesn't lead to being bias. Taco, for you to play that card when both you and Donut hang out is a bit hypocritical there. If what you say is true, you yourself are being bias.

C.) You only mentioned Powergaming in the report, yet there are other reasons that lead to the ban besides Powergaming, as mentioned in the ban. Yet you are focused on just the one event.

So overall, I do not see any remorse over what happened. Just anger, bitterness and sarcasm over being caught and/or called out.
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:09 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]A few things going on here right off the bat.

A.) The title is SO sorry, a reference to an earlier joke about all that you are having to do to get unbannned is to say Sorry.  It looks like this title is very sarcastic and not at all serious, and despite the title... the actual subject shows zero remorse, just a lot of excuses.

B.) Just because people hang out over TS, or socialize in game/out of game really doesn't lead to being bias.  Taco, for you to play that card when both you and Donut hang out is a bit hypocritical there.  If what you say is true, you yourself are being bias.

C.) You only mentioned Powergaming in the report, yet there are other reasons that lead to the ban besides Powergaming, as mentioned in the ban.  Yet you are focused on just the one event.

So overall, I do not see any remorse over what happened.  Just anger, bitterness and sarcasm over being caught and/or called out.

Sorry I'm on phone can't type a 9 paragraph essay with a laggy phone. Though yes I do hang out with Donut I won't deny it, yes I will be biased towards donut 70% of the type I will admit that but I'm not an admin it is expected from an admin not to be biased with his bans
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:09 AM)SirWulf Wrote: [ -> ]A few things going on here right off the bat.

A.) The title is SO sorry, a reference to an earlier joke about all that you are having to do to get unbannned is to say Sorry.  It looks like this title is very sarcastic and not at all serious, and despite the title... the actual subject shows zero remorse, just a lot of excuses.

B.) Just because people hang out over TS, or socialize in game/out of game really doesn't lead to being bias.  Taco, for you to play that card when both you and Donut hang out is a bit hypocritical there.  If what you say is true, you yourself are being bias.

C.) You only mentioned Powergaming in the report, yet there are other reasons that lead to the ban besides Powergaming, as mentioned in the ban.  Yet you are focused on just the one event.

So overall, I do not see any remorse over what happened.  Just anger, bitterness and sarcasm over being caught and/or called out.

My Title  is serious to show I am sorry, with my background of sarcasim and being stupid overalll,  I'm not sarcastic at all. If I was sarcastic I would not have even put a UBR at all. Also I went over the FearRP in the replys
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:18 AM)SgtDonut :D Wrote: [ -> ]My Title  is serious to show I am sorry, with my background of sarcasim and being stupid overalll,  I'm not sarcastic at all. If I was sarcastic I would not have even put a UBR at all. Also I went over the FearRP in the replys

You went over the FearRP in replys?  Yet you want someone other than Soviet to handle this case.  It is a bit difficult to do that when half the case is done privately.
Alright to clarify you believe while under Fear RP a SWAT Member can "demand to show some respect" by pulling his weapon while under Fear RP? Not sure how that makes sense, so I'll say that's a breach of Fear RP.

Second, it was not powergaming for Toxic to handcuff you seeing as you did have to follow all commands and fall to his power due to Fear RP. He was in control and chose to handcuff you. In a situation like this, you may have been even ordered to do it by yourself.

If these are your only arguments towards this case, then I don't see a reason for me to continue. If you have any evidence that shows you were not guilty of any of the reasons I specified, this UBR will be denied.
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:30 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Alright to clarify you believe while under Fear RP a SWAT Member can "demand to show some respect" by pulling his weapon while under Fear RP? Not sure how that makes sense, so I'll say that's a breach of Fear RP.

Second, it was not powergaming for Toxic to handcuff you seeing as you did have to follow all commands and fall to his power due to Fear RP. He was in control and chose to handcuff you. In a situation like this, you may have been even ordered to do it by yourself.

If these are your only arguments towards this case, then I don't see a reason for me to continue. If you have any evidence that shows you were not guilty of any of the reasons I specified, this UBR will be denied.

In my opinion this ban was unnecessary the RP was going well. I find it strange that you banned him long after these offenses happened and most of what happened was irrelevant at the point in the RP we were at due to someone else coming and putting us all under fearrp
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:35 AM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:30 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]Alright to clarify you believe while under Fear RP a SWAT Member can "demand to show some respect" by pulling his weapon while under Fear RP? Not sure how that makes sense, so I'll say that's a breach of Fear RP.

In my opinion this ban was unnecessary the RP was going well. I find it strange that you banned him long after these offenses happened and most of what happened was irrelevant at the point in the RP we were at due to someone else coming and putting us all under fearrp

I don't feel he needs to get away with multiple rule breakages. And from a personal standpoint, the RP was terrible. Multiple rules broken from the start, FailRP President on your behalf Taco (Job was Mr. Clean Pres with purposely made typos and calling police "coppers"), and the fact that when even asked why Donut was powergaming, his only excuse was 1.11, showing me neither of you had any plan to RP this out thoroughly.
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:39 AM)Soviethooves Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jul 24, 2016, 09:35 AM)thefaketaco Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't feel he needs to get away with multiple rule breakages. And from a personal standpoint, the RP was terrible. Multiple rules broken from the start, FailRP President on your behalf Taco, and the fact that when even asked why Donut was powergaming, his only excuse was 1.11, showing me neither of you had any plan to RP this out thoroughly.

Don't forget that this all started because Toxic purposely lowered his car to 0 Vehicle Hp (and mine too) which is FailRP but you turned the blind eye to that so why bring it up. I was only fair that donut would hit his car a bit since I didn't have enough evidence to demote Toxic
Pages: 1 2 3