Limelight Forums

Full Version: Gmod closes while connecting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello LimeLight. 

So I haven't played gmod in a while, just tried to join LL to see what's going on and my game closes, went through routine procedure - unsubscribed all workshop items, re-installed the game, restarted my computer, and verified game cache, every time I join the server it closes at the exact same point, but there's no explanation on the internet? I noticed there are multiple ".mdmp" files in the gmod folder but from what I've read you can't open them or even do anything useful with them.. I've even changed my launch parameters. Is there anybody who might be able to resolve this problem or shed some light on it?

Thanks,

Pac.
I have got the same problem. How ever I am able to join the Rockford Map server.
If your game crashes seemingly while connecting the first thing you should do is make sure all your graphics settings are set to default (marked with *).
I've just done a little bit of research into it, apparently if you have any games in your library that haven't been updated which a server requires, you may have trouble connecting, I'm willing to try anything at this point so I'll let you know how it goes Scaw.

Overlewd, I've just checked my graphics settings, they're all on default already, thankyou for the suggestion though.
Have you verified the integrity of the Game Cache?
Have you made backup files of the game and re-installing it?
Are there any details why Garry's mod closed unexpectedly?
Have you tried re-installing windows?
(Jul 19, 2016, 08:12 PM)IsThisaNewFLRP? Wrote: [ -> ]Have you verified the integrity of the Game Cache?
Have you made backup files of the game and re-installing it?
Are there any details why Garry's mod closed unexpectedly?
Have you tried re-installing windows?

Are you like here as a joke or something? I stated the first 3 in my initial thread and re-installing windows 10 is far from necessary.. All I had to do was unsubscribe my workshop and mess with the graphics a little, thanks for the help people, Pac is Back.