Limelight Forums

Full Version: Broken CPU Adventure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just saying in case anyone actually has a broken CPU and wants to fix it with this method, which is unlikely, don't blame me for your loss of a CPU as I'm dumb and this method is for dumb people, also don't blame me for the amount of brain cells you lose for reading this.

So, Recently I broke my CPU, by of course taking it off with the fan still attached, and placing it back on with the fan still attached, I had no idea where the pins on the CPU were going to be so, about 50 of them got bent.

Things I used
-Small Sewing Needle
-Kitchen knife
-Tweezers
-Over an hour of time
-Thermal Paste
-Paper Towels

So I still had my fan attached to my CPU instead of actually removing it like you're meant too, which is of course to twist and pull the fan off which will separate the CPU and fan being attached by thermal paste. I took it off to clean out the dust, and took it out the incorrect way by pulling it straight out the CPU port with the fan still attached, once all dust was cleaned out I then attempted to place it back onto my motherboard, not knowing where the pins are, I put pressure on it and bent a few of the pins as the CPU was not in the correct place, then thought to myself "Oh shit, I broke it". After this my brother said "You're actually retarded" and told me its fucked and that I didn't take it off correctly, then he twisted and pulled it off like I should have, I didn't want to spend £120 on a new one and my brother told me it was wasted effort trying to fixing it, but, as said previously, I'm not spending £120 on a new one because I have skin insanity and need to feed myself a Bayonet Fade.

What I did

After I broke it, I got some paper towels and cleaned the thermal paste off the back of my broken CPU so I could lay it on a work surface. then tried to use Tweezers to bend the pins back into place, it didn't work at all, so I got a small sewing needle and started pushing it through the rows of pins, then pulling it up gently in order to fix the badly bent pins, I repeated this for each row a few times and then started pushing the rows with the broken pins to the side slightly to straighten the bent pins, I had to look down the length of the CPU rows carefully to see what rows have bent pins. Once the pins had been bent up to a certain degree, I slotted a knife into each row and started pushing it carefully against the sides of the pins to straighten them fully, I did this to rows I could only see bent pins on in order not to destroy an entire row, although it would be an easy fix. Throughout the knife combat I had with my CPU I would occasionally check if it was fitting in by placing it into the CPU port area thing idontevenknowwhatitscalled gently, not applying any force, just looking for it to fit in (Please don't make a that's what she said about this, i'll probably have to drink bleach if you do). It eventually worked and then I put thermal paste on my CPU and attached the CPU fan back to the CPU that was in the motherboard. Turned my PC on and everything worked fine.

Combat with the beast itself
[Image: mLZtacn.jpg]

Totally not photoshopped

So thats the story of how I broke then fixed my CPU today, all in the space of about an hour.
Anyone here got any interesting stories of how they broke shit in their PC, and how they tried to fix it?
did your autistic dog help
(Jul 19, 2016, 01:20 PM)Tails Wrote: [ -> ]did your autistic dog help

My cat is an autistic dog according to Tails and my friend
same

nd thats what she said
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Get rekt, ive never wrekt my pc cause im not stupid =PpPpPppPpPpP