Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your Name:  Valdro Vane

Ban ID: [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]3191[/font]

Banned by: Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²:M] Overlewd[/font]

Server: Cityrp 2

Ban Reason: Disconnecting to avoid arrest

Why should you be unbanned?: [font=open_sansregular, Arial, sans-serif]I got banned while I was in a situation with a officer. The officer had all the right to request a ban on me, But the problem is I had a lot of crashes on the server, Dizzy was helping me with it but we had no luck so far. I also had problems with another officer called pvt.jim. He knows I have been crashing a lot today. The whole computer went crazy so I had to shut it down. I still have not found a solution for this and when I subscribe to the server content I cant join the server at all. It stops downloading at /spawnlists/letter.txt. I hope the admins can understand my problem and help me with it. [/font]

Evidence: Only people who know about my crashes are Dizzy and pvt.jim
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Son of the Desert.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
You disconnected about 9 seconds after being tazed by an officer who was going to arrest you.

You mention crashes but gmod crashing isn't quite the same thing as having your whole computer "go crazy". Can you be more specific?
Disconnecting during arrest happened to me before, twice actually. Officer pvt.jim knows about that. And about my computer going crazy, My computer freezed and I got a black screen so I had to manually power it off. As soon as I restarted the PC , weird things started to happen. Steam kept crashing on start. I tried running it on administrator and even thought of reinstalling it. So i powered my pc down and came back a couple of hours later. steam started up normally and when I joined the server it told me I was banned.
To be honest I had nothing to run away from. I had no Items to lose. Why would I risk a ban over 10 mins in jail?
The thing is, if you have gmod open and you force-shutdown your PC, like if you had a black screen, the disconnect message would be "X has timed out", whereas in your case it said "disconnect by user", which wouldn't be the case if it happened as you said it happened.

As for your second comment, I agree but you'd be surprised how many players think along the lines of "I have to go in 5 mins might as well go now since I'm being arrested, so I can save time now and when I log on next time".
I wouldn't run away like that, pvt.jim arrested me 2 times today and both times I crashed on him. It was only gmod those times though so I came back and asked him to re arrest me since I had crashed but he let me go.
Are you able to provide crash logs?

Can be found in SteamApps/common/GarrysMod
What is the name of the file? when I search log there are many files (lol that gif, just noticed xD)
If you crash very often there will be a LOT of them there. If you havent crashed since the incident then it should be the file that was last modified, so sort by date and you will find it.

Files are called hl2_xxx_crash_xxxxx
https://imgur.com/ZKj77XV
Get the latest one (all the way at the bottom in your case)
https://imgur.com/kV4i8to
There is no crash log file corresponding to the time of the incident. Additionally, your disconnect message has said "disconnect by user" rather than "user timed out", as it would have done if it was a crash of a force shutdown of your PC. I therefore have to say that there is insufficient evidence for me to approve this unban request. Denied.

I'm sorry you are having crashing issues, I suggest you take some time to look through the Help & Support subforum, and maybe make a thread there, so staff and other players can try to help you with your problem.
I only crash when I play on this server, so it should be the last file. do you want me to upload it?
Pages: 1 2