Limelight Forums

Full Version: Some questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just some questions:

Why do your tags have a 2 in?
Why is LIMElight orange?
Why did you change the colour?
And consider my new name "OrangeLight"

Thanks please answer so confuzzing.
All I know is the colour was changed as it looked shit when on the forums
(Jun 5, 2016, 11:30 AM)Arch.B Wrote: [ -> ]Just some questions:

Why is LIMElight orange?

There is a number 2 in the tags, because there are 2 'L', LimeLight
(Jun 5, 2016, 11:41 AM)WildDorito Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 5, 2016, 11:30 AM)Arch.B Wrote: [ -> ]Just some questions:

Why is LIMElight orange?

There is a number 2 in the tags, because there are 2 'L', LimeLight

Oh noice
(May 17, 2016, 04:51 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight isn't two words put together. It's limelight, as in:
"the focus of public attention."

Therefore the colour doesn't matter. Its nothing to do with the fruit, it's a word in itself (historically yes, but not anymore).

Hopefully this helps about the name Orangelight, found this on a suggestions thread about changing the colours back to lime
Limelight page in Lime would look like this
[Image: 8ftJ6gH.png]
(Jun 5, 2016, 08:15 PM)Space Glitch Wrote: [ -> ]Limelight page in Lime would look like this
[Image: 8ftJ6gH.png]

See, that is like a highlighter lime. Tune it down a bit to a nicer green tone.
+support for orangelight
There was a number of reason why orange was chosen, however one of the reasons being that it gave a warm and welcoming feel to the community, the lime version above is the exact reason why we didn't go lime.
I'm a big fan of Orangeade.
Fanta?
Sucked out of wikipedia: " Limelight (also known as Drummond light or calcium light)[1] is a type of stage lighting once used in theatres and music halls. An intense illumination is created when an oxyhydrogen flame is directed at a cylinder of quicklime (calcium oxide),[2] which can be heated to 4662 F (2572C) before melting. The light is produced by a combination of incandescence and candoluminescence. Although it has long since been replaced by electric lighting, the term has nonetheless survived, as someone in the public eye is still said to be “in the limelight.” The actual lights are called limes, a term which has been transferred to electrical equivalents. "

so name has nothing to do with lime.
Perhaps limelight is an actual fucking word and not a phrase. kys
perhaps something like this ?
[Image: Dm8rlyQ.png]

Limelight. 2 L's. 

Why is LIMElight orange?

Limelight has nothing to do with actual limes. Limelight (as already mentioned above) is a reference used in theatre and the lighting equipment used. Modern use of the word is when someone has a lot of attention and they are "in the limelight".

Noble was asked to completely re-brand Limelight and he chose orange as our colour. It was well received and is far better than our old colour.

No.
Pages: 1 2