Limelight Forums

Full Version: Able to taze people who have guns out
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Server [US/EU]: Found in EU, Probably same on US
Map: v33x, probably both
Description: Police officers/SWAT/SS are able to taze people who have guns out. Attempting this used to give a warning message and not let you do it, but not anymore.
Bug is [In-Game/On Forums/Other]: In-game
Since when have you experienced the bug? First noticed it a few days ago but thought it was an isolated incident. Saw it a few more times since then.
Additional Information: N/A
Images/Screenshots: N/A
Tbh I rather like this way. If you can sneak up on a shooter and get within tasing distance, that's a lucky shot.
Taser range is surprisingly large and you don reallyt have to aim. Also during close quarters raids it's completely broken. Why use any gun when your taser 1-shots everyone and can't be countered by health kits?
True, true.
BlackDog and I had already encountered this bug. I believe he informed the devs already
I think that rather than completely fixing it, you should only be able to taze an armed individual from behind. That way there's no concern about FearRP being broken.
(Jun 3, 2016, 10:49 PM)Nightmare Wrote: [ -> ]I think that rather than completely fixing it, you should only be able to taze an armed individual from behind. That way there's no concern about FearRP being broken.

I think that is actually a really good suggestion.
But is it possible though?
(Jun 4, 2016, 12:46 AM)PaulB Wrote: [ -> ]But is it possible though?

Oh yeah, It will be. It'll direct it from which way the player is looking and do it from a 180 or 270 degree angle.
The problem is police dont taze armed suspects like that, if you do you risk them fireing off every round in their magazine because of their body convulsions.

A knife armed suspect, they will taze.

A guy holding any kind of firearm, chances are VERY high they will in no way attempt to taze the guy because of how much riskier it is than to just shoot him if he is that much of a threat.
Is there any way to have the person shoot all the rounds in their mag when they are tased?
(Jun 4, 2016, 04:15 AM)BlackDog Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is police dont taze armed suspects like that, if you do you risk them fireing off every round in their magazine because of their body convulsions.

A knife armed suspect, they will taze.

A guy holding any kind of firearm, chances are VERY high they will in no way attempt to taze the guy because of how much riskier it is than to just shoot him if he is that much of a threat.
Police would NOT taze a guy with a firearm, this is why it's supposed to be that you can't taze them.

As Blackdog said however, knife suspects, UK police often use tasers to bring knife confrontations to an end.

(unlike america who shoot 22 rounds into the person as he drops the knife and puts his hands up)
I just had to post this scene

https://youtu.be/V-pCFCXHajk?t=437
Should be fixed in revision: #1074

Please note: Meele weapons such as baseball-bat, knife etc do not count into this. Players with meeles can be tazed.