Limelight Forums

Full Version: Joey Skylynx's Unban Request(Shorten?)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ban ID: 3115

Banned by: [L²] Vauld

Server: Evocity

Ban Reason: Breaking Fear RP, Prop-minge, Random Raid, Fail RP as President.

Why should you be unbanned?: So for this one, I'd like to bluntly state that I have no problem with the ban/warning for "Breaking Fear RP"
With this out of the way though, I feel I should give my whole story for what I was doing at the time, and why I'm fairly confused.

So my story starts with me doing my normal look over of the laws before going about my business on the server. The usual was expected, stuff like contra laws and all that jazz, and as I looked further down the list everything seemed to be fairly well placed and in order. This was at least until I came across two of the last laws.

The first law was something which outright outlawed partying/alcohol consumption in the city, this of course didn't sit well with me because I sometimes like to set up sushi shops, and serve alcohol. Then I looked and saw the last law which made me let out probably the biggest "WAT" in a long time.

Effectively, the law was made so that several criminal groups in the server, were allowed to break certain laws, namely the alcohol and partying law, as the current President at the time happened to be in bed with them. For myself, this was a bit of a push, and because of this, instead of going Chef, I went Anarchist.

Before going and starting a war though, I wanted to see if things could be resolved peacefully. Several times, I decided to talk to Police Officers over voice-chat, as most of them were active in the Government TS channel, and this seemed like the best way to get into contact with the president. Every time I brought up the president though, I got roughly the same message of, "Yeah, Pres isn't even responding to us." okay, so what now?

I decide to goto the top floor where the President probably is, and begin to call for him infront of his barricade, in order to have a chat with him. I must've been there for about five to ten minutes, and said, "Ya know what, screw this" and pulled out a molotov and burned down the barricade, and walked into his office to find him anti-afk spinning. Yay.

So I sat down on one of his office chairs and went about posting on Facepunch while I waited for his return. After about ten minutes of waiting, he finally returns and looks at me with a stupidified look as if I just appeared out of nowhere. I just simply said, "Hello. You might wanna get firefighters" and then waited for him to respond.

Of course, he called the Police. Well... Now we waited about ten minutes for the Police to arrive, and while I waited, I decided to have a lovely discussion about cheese with him. Quiet the quaint discussion. We came to the conclusion that smoked cheddar is indeed amazing.

Moreover though, while I still kept waiting for his cops, I decided to show him my bayou farmhouse, and talk more about cheese and how smoking enhances the flavor. Eventually, the tables were turned when the cops showed up and pointed a shotgun at me demanding to surrender.

I did break FearRP here, and went inside, but left the door open for the guy to follow after me, where he promptly tasered and handcuffed me. After another lovely discussion about cheese, and I believe something about molotovs, I was arrested for 15 Minutes.

At about the 5 minute left mark, Vauld had come in, and asked me why I molotoved the the Mayor's barricade, and I explained that he was AFK and I felt that it was the only way I would be able to communicate with him about my disapproval for the law. Upon hearing this Vauld just left me with a warning, saying not to go about raiding people just because they are AFK, which is fair enough, but I'm confused to why this was tacked onto my ban reason later down the road... Either way back to the story!

It was during my arrest time, that I met another inmate who was also an anarchist. We decided that we needed to demonstrate somehow against the current government's corruption. Our plan was simple - We'd take glass bottles, and toss them at the Police while shouting "Empty as the government's vows!" and this eventually lead to the ma- Wait. Actually, the mayor just disconnected. Fug.

Either way, mission accomplished! I took control of the government and created my usual Czechnynen Empire setup, in which I remove most needs for arrest warrants via the establishment of work camps and temporary slavery to pay dues for crimes. It was quiet obvious that no one was going to shoot me, so I decided to take a truck ride with my SS, and went over to the lake where I found the user Blackout, and asked him if he had seen Vauld, as I wanted to talk to him about something. This was of course in OOC. Before I could get my answer, I was banned.

As you can imagine, I'm just as confused as everyone else is regarding this situation. It feels like I have been banned for doing a legitimate protest, and in comparison to a ban of another user that came right after me, one who Mass Deathmatched with Props, I feel like my ban was somewhat exaggerated in it's length.

Evidence: N/A
The staff-members have received your unban-request, Joey Skylynx.

It will take a while for it to be reviewed.
Alright well this is all a bit far-out really. Assuming your story is 100% accurate, I came in at a time that looked the worst for you. Assuming your raid was valid, you still threw props at people and definitely broke Fear RP. The guy who prop-killed also received a very long blacklist, which I spared you from for your prop-minging. Regardless, in the future you should refrain from throwing props at people. I'll lower your ban time, but it's not going to removed from your record.