Limelight Forums

Full Version: Is this a normal occurrence in LL?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,
So lets get right into the story of what happened to me, and I would like to know if this happens to anyone else on a regular occurrence as I joined this server in hopes of getting a better RP experience compared to others and this just completely ruined it for me.

I was a gun dealer when I noticed someone wanting food in OOC chat, I was a police officer not long before that and the police needed food so I saw a good shot at making money as a chef. So I go and take a chef job and head to the Nexus and start to serve a SWAT unit when he leaves before our deal is completed. So I thought I'd wait it out when a player with over 500 hours and over 5RPP's who is Rping as the desk sec decides to come over and start to interrogate me, asking me for my name and checking the database for my name, I went along with it, keeping in mind I was NOT trespassing the Nexus doors. He comes over to me and starts to ask me a shit load of questions, he then uses the database to 'search' for me and holy fucking shit what do you know? I have a warrant, that amazed me to believe me as I literally switched from the police job to chef and ran straight to the Nexus, now unless a cop used a fucking warrant sniper rifle to snipe my ass as I made that run, this would have been fair, but sadly that doesn't exist. He then starts telling me to stay there whilst he calls over an offiver, I could have left at this point as there was no FearRP or anything going on, I literally went along with his RP because I thought he wanted to try out the new database. An officer spawns , 2 in fact, and he proceeds to warrant and arrest me for trespassing? 

I was really pissed off at this moment in time as he then proceeded to tell the officers that I was harassing him and aload of BS, it maybe late and the server is not as active as normal but you can't suddenly decide to play like a dick and break RP rules, especially if you have that many RPP's and hours as in my eyes, he's representing the community at that point.

I'm not calling anyone *cough* Knox *cough* out but I would like to know if there is a way of stopping this happening again, as if everyone could look into the database and find a fake warrant to get you arrested, it will ruin RP for alot of people.

Thanks!

PS: I was not recording at this time sadly but this taught me to never do that again.
Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Limelight.

Next time something like this happens, make sure to send an @ call to page admins. Careful though, be informative. We will hop over to either help you out or watch over the situation in order to make this community a nice place for everyone.

If you want to press charges you can always try to make a player report in the courthouse section. It will be reviewed by an administrator, and the proper punishment -If deemed sufficient- will be handed out.

Regards,

Maniac

Server Moderator
(Jun 2, 2016, 01:32 AM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Limelight.

Next time something like this happens, make sure to send an @ call to page admins. Careful though, be informative. We will hop over to either help you out or watch over the situation in order to make this community a nice place for everyone.

If you want to press charges you can always try to make a player report in the courthouse section. It will be reviewed by an administrator, and the proper punishment -If deemed sufficient- will be handed out.

Regards,

Maniac

Server Moderator

Can I do this without any physical evidence? I was not recording at the time and never thought this would happen Rping as a chef.

EDIT: I did make an @ call but the moderator online at the time did not respond.
(Jun 2, 2016, 01:43 AM)TricKy Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jun 2, 2016, 01:32 AM)Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hear about your bad experience at Limelight.

Regards,

Maniac

Server Moderator

Can I do this without any physical evidence? I was not recording at the time and never thought this would happen Rping as a chef.

Sadly not, we cannot base our punishments on verbal statements alone.
You can still try, so long as you have a good idea of the time this occurred. Our admins will check logs and we'll be able to see the majority of actions and what was said, but for obvious reasons we don't log voice chat so there may not be sufficient evidence to prove your case. If you use an @ call in game then one of our staff members can watch the developing situation, which means next time we can intervene earlier.
Wait, since when are you allowed to ask for food in OOC?
That tends to happen around players you didn't call out *cough*. It helps to avoid him.
[Negative policeRP comment removed]