Limelight Forums

Full Version: Town of Salem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Town of Salem

I really loved this game as a kid, then thought: "Why not make it in Gmod?". With great help from Blackout and PaulB we managed to make this dream reality! It's a very very fun game and has not gotten any bad feedback yet.

This game is a game that challenges players on their ability to convincingly lie as well as detect when other players are lying. The game needs 8 to (16 - experimental) players. These players are randomly divided into alignments – Citizen, Werewolf, Elder, Defender, Mayor and Mute. If you are a Town member (the good guys) you must track down the Werewolves and other villains before they kill you. The catch? You don’t know who is a Town member and who is a villain. If you are an evil role, you secretly murder town members in the veil of night and try to avoid getting caught.

The game now has its own website to make it easier for both the players as well as the Gamemaster. 
It is still under construction and will remain so for the coming weeks, to add more features and layout.
https://Townofgmod.org/

Come join us!

[Image: BE24BE1BBC315A3611A5EF02A6D3F659D3C729A7]

[Image: D52D433588CAF93D051B31543FFE402121C22ACA]

Rules
Really fun game, was a warewolf  the other time, managed to trick the entire town til it was to late and ended up winning
Nice minigame maniac, love it when I played it. Even though someone *cough* PAULB *cough* PAIRED ME WITH PONY!
Hahahah I remember that next we just need enzyme and chicken coup bonded
There are a lot of potential roles that could be added here to make it more varied and interesting in the future. Has been really fun so far, especially today with the "Town of Salem" dupe.
(Jun 2, 2016, 01:28 AM)Overlewd Wrote: [ -> ]There are a lot of potential roles that could be added here to make it more varied and interesting in the future. Has been really fun so far, especially today with the "Town of Salem" dupe.

I'm planning to add more roles to make the game more interesting. My idea was to implement more roles than players, so that the game is different each time. The only requirement is that players are familiar with the rules  beforehand to make for a quick and easy round.

Expect updates soon!
Really good mini-game! I'm really addicted to it! Great work Paul, Maniac and ....BlackOut.... My Foe<3
Kinda dumb question, what if the werewolf is mayor then kills a citizen. Do they still get demoted?
(Jun 2, 2016, 11:13 AM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]Kinda dumb question, what if the werewolf is mayor then kills a citizen. Do they still get demoted?

It's to prevent the mayor from killing the entire town without changing mayor, so yes.
Really fun game to play, werewolf or not it's really interesting to figure out who is lying.
Amazing game!
Such a awsome game mode i am having so much fun with this
2-6-2016

Game overhaul, rules updated.
Amazing Game!
Very fun game, will definitely play again.
Pages: 1 2