Limelight Forums

Full Version: "Downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded all of the things required to play, but when the download (In Gmod) says "Downloading settings/spawnlist/letters.txt", The game freezes for a bit and then just closes without anything popping up or anything. I searched all over google to try to find a fix to this. I am on Windows 10.
could have a possible solution for you.
I always stuck in the loading screen there for like 5min. then i get sending client info
Hello

I think this is because you're settings may haven't loaded up correctly.

Do these steps to fix it:

1. Go to Steam
2. Go to your library and find Garry's Mod
3. Right click where it says Garry's Mod on the Tab on the left and press properties (Shown here > https://i.imgur.com/lNapRnu.png)
4. The Game properties should come up and you press the Button for Set Launch Options
5. Type in -autoexec and press Ok
6. Launch Game and try to join Garry's Mod

Things to note

*Don't have the game open when you are doing this
*Be Online on Steam

If it didn't work, Contact me and I'll find another Solution

Thanks (If work, +rep Big Grin)
(May 31, 2016, 11:30 PM)Darkside Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I think this is because you're settings may haven't loaded up correctly.

Do these steps to fix it:

1. Go to Steam
2. Go to your library and find Garry's Mod
3. Right click where it says Garry's Mod on the Tab on the left and press properties (Shown here > https://i.imgur.com/lNapRnu.png)
4. The Game properties should come up and you press the Button for Set Launch Options
5. Type in -autoexec and press Ok
6. Launch Game and try to join Garry's Mod

Things to note

*Don't have the game open when you are doing this
*Be Online on Steam

If it didn't work, Contact me and I'll find another Solution

Thanks (If work, +rep Big Grin)

Hello Darkside! 

Well, if he doesn´t have anything in his Autoexec then the Autoexec won´t help him.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here´s some tips on how to fix this.

(1) Be sure that you have subscribed to all LL´s workshop content. This is a MUST.

(2) Be sure that you have HL2 EP2 (May require EP1) and Counter Strike : Source. (CSS) Be sure that they work, by doing this you can start Garry´s Mod and you should see "Games" or whatever it says in the down right corner. There you can see what games that Garry´s Mod currently uses. (Your Garry´s Mod)

(3) Delete addons that you don´t need or won´t use. This is because your Garry´s Mod can freeze and then crash if it loads to many Addons. Worked for me.

(4) Be sure that your hardrives are up to date, if you are using Nividia i prefer you download GeForce Experience and update your harddrives. 

(5) Try to lower your ingame settings since this may cause the problem.

NOTE: You always need to restart your Garry´s Mod after you´ve tried these 5 options mentioned above.

If nothing works then we´ll have to get more complicated. PM me if you have further problems.

Glad i could help!
Unfortunately there is nothing I can support you with. Please follow Dizzy's steps and it should work.