Limelight Forums

Full Version: An article/report I wrote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey guys, I recently wrote an interesting article about CityRP, Cyber Security and exploiting.
It's not meant to be about bragging, just an interesting read for anyone interested in any of those three.
I'm also considering writing a more in depth version if anyone is interested in a more technical view.
I welcome constructive criticism, so please give it a read.
Note to admins: This doesn't reveal any bad details, please don't delete this thread.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hvT0...BcxM4Q5iG8
This was a very interesting read. I hope you indeed -as stated in the article- have no means of using this power on LL.
Fantastic read.
Was an entertaining read. Interesting subject also. Thank you Liv!
the only true exploit in this community is the fact that a shortbread obsessed nuáb has managed to become superadmin

that takes the skill of a mastermind
A very interesting read; well written, too. This just highlights that even for small communities and servers, cyber-security is a very serious affair nowadays. Things will only get more and more interesting as more of the world becomes networked.

I'm impressed with how quickly you picked up an understanding of cyber-security, as well. There's a very clear difference in your skills a year ago and now, and you've drastically improved.
(May 31, 2016, 05:42 PM)Zecon Wrote: [ -> ]the only true exploit in this community is the fact that a shortbread obsessed nuáb has managed to become superadmin

that takes the skill of a mastermind

sa stands for shortbread admin. i am simply not a nuáb. merely a genius.
I am more proud of you when you took yourself from your neck and shared this! This helps the server to protect itself and make it harder to people to actually cheat. I'd say this is a way of honesty, sharing vital information. You have my respect again.
From this response, I will write a mini-follow up later and post it on the thread, talking about how we nearly got full VPS access on FL and LL.
Quote:I don’t intend for it to be patched for some fun may still be left to be had.

Alright then...
(May 31, 2016, 09:07 PM)Banditoz Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I don’t intend for it to be patched for some fun may still be left to be had.

Alright then...

I didn't say at LL. I wrote this a while back too, who's to say that fun wasn't already had Wink
teach me your ways, senpai
(May 31, 2016, 09:14 PM)Nevy Wrote: [ -> ]teach me your ways, senpai

I'm not good enough Sad
(May 31, 2016, 09:12 PM)LivKX Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 31, 2016, 09:07 PM)Banditoz Wrote: [ -> ]

Alright then...

I didn't say at LL. I wrote this a while back too, who's to say that fun wasn't already had Wink

Why not let LL patch this exploit, so somebody in the future won't have the chance to find it?
We have.
Pages: 1 2 3 4