Limelight Forums

Full Version: [L²:M] Soviethooves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: [L²:RP] Python

Time/Date: Roughly 9pm BST

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:40454676

Name of Administrator: [L²:M] Soviethooves

Evidence: Firstly let me some up the situation to the best of my
Knowledge as you can see in my UBR I was banned for FearRP - and no the AA is not about that. So when me and Soviet spoke on Steam I asked if he had evidence. To which he replied he did not. Then I asked if he banned me of witness accounts with he admitted to. Now as the situation happened the witness apparently said the same thing when interviewed both seperately and together - Soviet also claimed these two had no aquaitance, which if this is true I would like to see evidence to back this up. In addition to this he never asked for my side of what happened, but instead asked about my RDM claim. However I did not respond to this due to me being asleep. Because of this Soviet, instead of waiting for my side, bans me for FearRP with no kind of evidence except from witness accounts. And therefore I believe Soviet made a bias assumption based of solely witness accounts.

[Image: pIHZ8u5.png]

[Image: BSEmtML.png]

[Image: 6Me7Ybw.png]
Alright. You were banned of Fearrp and you admitted to that, so that's the end of that. The main problem with what you see at the moment is that I talked to witnesses that claimed to have seen you in the act and I took it upon myself to use that as evidence. Normally I wouldn't use just witnesses as evidence, but at the moment I believed it was a good call (I literally have no excuse why. I just thought it was a good idea). However you may believe I was bias of this ban, I fail to see how this is especially how I even let you speak to me about the sitution via Steam to try and sort this out. You already corrected me on the topic of why you were messaged and I admit that was my fault, however when you wanted me to hear your side I expected nothing less than the same story. I will state that I did talk to two witnesses. One was Vizuhh and the other slips my mind at the moment (I did not bother to remember it for the timing of when we talked I thought nothing of it to remember. So, if anyone would like to question me for anything, please go ahead and do so.
I never admitted to FearRP, when I apologised to you that was going off of what you had told me. As from my point of view I didn't even know he was there. Yet I still fail to understand why you used witnesses as valid evidence, it's like me and say some random guy both claiming you robbed some in court. Despite the fact we are witnesses the prosecutor still needs to provide physical evidence. As a witness could easily have said anything false or correct. My point my is I fail to see how you can use witnesses as evidence without even letting me respond to the accusations thrown at me.
(May 25, 2016, 12:35 AM)Python Wrote: [ -> ]I never admitted to FearRP, when I apologised to you that was going off of what you had told me. As from my point of view I didn't even know he was there. Yet I still fail to understand why you used witnesses as valid evidence, it's like me and say some random guy both claiming you robbed some in court. Despite the fact we are witnesses the prosecutor still needs to provide physical evidence. As a witness could easily have said anything false or correct. My point my is I fail to see how you can use witnesses as evidence without even letting me respond to the accusations thrown at me.
And you are right about me using witnesses to cut corners, and that is my fault and will face the consequences if needed, however the ban will still stand due to it not being anyone else's fault but yours to not have seen him. In the Steam Chat I said using third person is like using mirrors on an actual car. Just because you wanted to stay in first person, doesn't give you the right to break Fearrp. You claimed to have heard the officer, yet you did nothing to affect your path.
I will refrain from commenting from now on, unless staff require it, due to this looking like it will just turn into a second UBR

EDIT: I will make one more comment however, when you mention I heard him - yes I did very faintly. However in a real life situation you would not be able to hear someone over 20 feet away through a window and over the sound of the RV's engine
We can leave that for discussion in the UBR, however I feel to see how this is worthy of an Admin Abuse Case. Using witnesses as an only source of evidence to issue a ban really isn't abusive, but rather a bad way to administrate. You were still guilty of the rule breakage. Now, I'm done and will await a third party to comment.
I spoke to both Brynn and Enzyme beforehand, Enzyme lead me straight to here. Brynn said he would look into or I should Post in here, if they had said when I asked that is was no grounds for and abuse case then I can assure this would not have been posted
Concluded:

No abuse of power was found to take place, but the staff-member in question will be reminded about witnesses not counting for valid evidence when issuing a punishment.