Limelight Forums

Full Version: Opinions on the bot?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was wondering what your opinion on the bot is.

I personally think its quite annoying.
It just posts the same message, but with no real meaning. I just think its a bit useless, if its still under development and it will sometime in the near future be able to pick out keywords and attempt an answer, then that would be great. But other than that, I don't really see the point
(Rant Over)

So. What is your opinion on the bot?   Angel
There's really no point to it at all.
(May 19, 2016, 02:21 AM)GRiiM Wrote: [ -> ]There's really no point to it at all.
It honestly just gets my hopes up that someone responded to my BR or something but no. Its the bot
Personally?

It's not doing any harm, or any good. I'm Neutral on it.

Now, if they programmed it to kick ass like the reddit AutoModerator and certain keywords like you can say to it, then that would be coolio.
Well, the bot was added to guide new/not experienced users. A lot of users kept spamming the staff-team for not responding to a thread. The bot ensures that a staff-member knows about it. There are a lot of threads per day, that is why it takes time to respond.

Benefits

+ Faster response time
+ user friendly

If the bot is annoying, we can disabled it. It is up to the community whether it stays alive.
I like it, shut out the haters
(May 19, 2016, 05:28 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the bot was added to guide new/not experienced users. A lot of users kept spamming the staff-team for not responding to a thread. The bot ensures that a staff-member knows about it. There are a lot of threads per day, that is why it takes time to respond.

Benefits

+ Faster response time
+ user friendly

If the bot is annoying, we can disabled it. It is up to the community whether it stays alive.
I think this is a reason enough not to shut the bot down.
(May 19, 2016, 05:28 AM)Burnett Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the bot was added to guide new/not experienced users. A lot of users kept spamming the staff-team for not responding to a thread. The bot ensures that a staff-member knows about it. There are a lot of threads per day, that is why it takes time to respond.

Benefits

+ Faster response time
+ user friendly

You could perhaps program the bot to check the ID of the player in the thread and tag them in the report or whatever it is. That would make a good use for it.
Just keep the bot.
(May 19, 2016, 05:00 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]

Benefits

+ Faster response time
+ user friendly

You could perhaps program the bot to check the ID of the player in the thread and tag them in the report or whatever it is. That would make a good use for it.

This 

You have no idea how many people don't see a Pr that is on them
(May 19, 2016, 06:35 PM)Barkles Wrote: [ -> ]
(May 19, 2016, 05:00 PM)Chicken Coup Wrote: [ -> ]

Benefits

+ Faster response time
+ user friendly

This 

You have no idea how many people don't see a Pr that is on them

I'll make a suggestion for the devs to see. Smile

I'd also like to say that I'm asking for opinions, not to shut it down. If I wanted to shut it down, it would be as a suggestion Smile
The bot no longer responds to Suggestions and Bug-Reports.  It still respond to Player Reports, Unban Requests and Unblacklist Requests.

Soon (in a few hrs) the bot will send an alert to tagged steam-id's in Player Reports, Unban Requests and Unblacklist Requests.

See:  https://limelightgaming.net/forums/showt...#pid105873
Once my exams are over (1 week) I was planning to do some work and improve the bot to make it more useful. A few ideas I had were:

- Template scanning: if keywords for the template aren't picked up, the bot will post a reply asking the user to use the template, along with the BBcode for it.

- Keywords/common acronyms: the bot would post, much like the Reddit bot, an explanation of what all these terms mean for new players.

- Security help for newer players: if a player is concerned about being hacked and the bot picks up on these keywords, it'll post a standard response giving good security advice to new players. This could be expanded into helping with a lot of topics on the help & support forum.

I'm sure Burnett could do this very quickly, but I'd like the experience in working on a system like this, as I haven't really had much before.
The bot acts as a seed for future improvements to the forum, I am in full support of it.

Although if it continues to become more and more intelligent, it may plan a coup.
Do not play god, people.
No offence, but the bot is more loved than you comparing this thread and your "Opinions on me" one
Pages: 1 2