Limelight Forums

Full Version: Unban Request - James Hellfire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your Name: What is your name? James Hellfire

Ban ID: What is your Ban ID(this isn't your SteamID)? [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif]2931[/font]

Banned by: Who issued the ban? Please include the [L²]/[L²:M] tag. [font='Lucida Sans Unicode', 'Lucida Grande', sans-serif][L²] Safira[/font]

Server: Which server did it happen on, V33X or Rockford? v33x

Ban Reason: What was the exact reason for the ban? Rule 4.1, 4.1c, 4.1d, 9.1

Why should you be unbanned?: Why do you think you deserve/should be unbanned? I think that I should be unbanned, or at least have my suspension shortened due to the fact that I was not fully informed of the situation via Corgi, and I can get confirmation of this if need be by him, I was under the assumption that this is a 'Hit' contract, where we was to eliminate the target. This brings me on to the second point, as mentioned in the PR, all of us had the wrong job names, but once more I was not at fault, for two reasons. Reason 1 being that Corgi told us to use that job name I believe, and the second point being that I did not (until this report being closed) know the difference between a Hitman and a Bounty Hunter, as I presumed that both of them could deal with their targets, i.e killing them, but this may just be my own ignorance for not researching the job name before doing this. I would finally like to add that my actions somewhat reflect on not entirely being informed, so I was under the assumption that it was truly a 'Hit', instead of a capture and kill. If need be I can contact Corgi (as I have said) so that he can justify this,

Evidence: Put anything here that would support your claims like a video or pictures.
Hi James Hellfire,

Your main points are based on the idea that you were not 'fully informed', yet this to me is not grounds for lifting the ban or shortening it.
I won't patronise you by asking 'If someone told you to jump off a cliff, would you?' because situations do vary. However I'd like to bring to attention two parts of our rules:

Quote:If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.

I know Obay, and I think Brynn too, were online at the time for you to ask.

Quote:Failure to have a valid reason will lead to both the employer and hitman being punished. (Rule 4.1d)

I banned you partly for this rule, so I'll go further into it. It is your own responsibility to ensure your kill is valid, nobody else's. You need to be absolutely sure as to what your contractor wants from you, and it is you who needs to double check.

As mentioned above, you are accountable for your own actions. I'm seeing a lot of 'Corgi told me this', and I'm just not seeing why I should exempt you from being guilty because you were following orders. Unless he was physically forcing your hand, you always had the option to take a step back and say 'No'.

Unless you have any further points you'd like to make as to why you should be unbanned, I will be denying this appeal in 24 hours.

Thanks,
[L²] Safira
(May 17, 2016, 01:33 PM)Safira Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:If you are not sure if something is allowed or not, ask an admin to clarify.

I know Obay, and I think Brynn too, were online at the time for you to ask.
You are indeed correct on this point, as shown in the pictures, obey announced a restart as I believe Brynn was there at the scene, trying to resolve what had happened, but we was cut short due to the restart, I still believe that everyone who was there indeed took notes of what he said, and then took it on board. I've spoken to Brynn personally over Steam recently today, to try and clarify what went down fully, but much like me, he can't remember in much detail, probably due to the fact that this was now 10 days ago, and I have no suspicion in that ALL of the admins are very busy, so I don't blame him for not recalling the details.
[quote pid='105264' dateline='1463484795']
Quote:Failure to have a valid reason will lead to both the employer and hitman being punished. (Rule 4.1d)

I banned you partly for this rule, so I'll go further into it. It is your own responsibility to ensure your kill is valid, nobody else's. You need to be absolutely sure as to what your contractor wants from you, and it is you who needs to double check.
[/quote]

As of now, I'm aware of this, I believe that I was acting in the moment, and did not take the precautionary steps to make sure I had a background, right job name, etc. and because of this, this is how the events turned out, I should have fully conferred with the whole team so that there was no dependencies within our actions, and now I acknowledge that we should have tried negotiations, and perhaps should not have been so quick to 'Jump the gun' and pull the trigger, and maybe the outcome would have been different, and therefore I wouldn't be writing this.

Quote:As mentioned above, you are accountable for your own actions.

I'm aware of that, and as I believe I've said preciously, I should have followed all the 'Steps' whilst RPing as a 'Hitman', and not just go straight for the kill, and I'd like to admit, yeah, I did mess up, and now regret doing as such. I would like to ultimately add that Corgi did play quite a vital role in this, and he did coax me into shooting, but as you've said, I'm responsible for my own actions'.
On a final note, I'd would like to add that I'm sorry for causing this hassle, and even if this report amounts to nothing, I'll make sure that when RPing a Hitman or Bounty Hunter (or any role that requires taking a life as a member of the public, not a Government Force) again to follow all of the vital steps, to ensure that there's no discrepensies in the 'Timeline', and ensure that my kills are always justified, and within RP reasons.

Thanks,
 James Hellfire
Denied.

Thank you for your appeal.
[L²] Safira